Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescope - Taking advantage of the $$$$

Options
  • 12-11-2007 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I know nothing about telescopes, my parents are in America for 3 weeks and want to pick one up for my brother price bracket $150 to $200 for Christmas.....nothing too fancy as my brother will only use it off his balcony as he lives in an area with low artificial light etc....so does anyone have any ideas of a good telescope for the price bracket that can be bought in America?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

Hello Easy,

You may want to head over to http://www.cloudynights.com/ and have a look at the reviews for he cheaper scopes.

I am afraid that I can give you little help on scopes in that price range, it may be a bit of a lottery as that range falls squarely into the impulse range and imho they tend to be of dubious quality.

Still, they may be able to find a more expensive scope end of line and thus discounted.

Later,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

i dont think you'll get much for 150-200euro or cerca 300$ but you'd do no harm to check this bad boy out found it on www.astronomics.com for $599 i think the shop name was christopher, LTD. but you can have a look. it nomally costs $799.. but it a spotting scope and its got glass and mirror configuration ie. its a catadioptric scope. if you are going to spend money you should nalway buy the best optics in that price range its a life long investment..

Advertisement