Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The time is wrong goddammit

Options
  • 12-11-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Just in case you havent noticed already boards seems to have catapulted itself an hour into the future.... or forgot to set the clocks back... i dunnp you figure it out.
    Only in some forums though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Which fora?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Noticed it again today in tech/computers/tweaking and modding. it seems to have corrected itself again though. but i took a screeny just so you dont think i'm goin crazy. Also someone replied to my post in HE video displays and projectors. the post had the wrong time and later the reply just dissappeared altogether. always seems to be ahead an hour. i've attached the screeny. The time on my pc is correct before you say anything

Go here and look for the DST correction option. You should have it set to "Automatically detect DST settings".

i checked that out and it is in order. i really dont think this is a problem with my settings. how would that explain dissappearing posts?

look again quick

• Advertisement

i checked that out and it is in order. i really dont think this is a problem with my settings. how would that explain dissappearing posts?
    The disappearing post will be down to the fact that someone on the thread you mentioned deleted their post.

If your settings are set to what I said then I don't know what the problem is. I don't have the hour ahead thing as you show on your screenshot. What exactly is your DST correction option, out of the three?

automatically detect dst settings. if you're not seeing it it's probably just a problem at my end , so my mind is at ease.

No, it seems that it's a boards problem. See here. Thanks to Taildragon.

The default time on boards is not corrected to DST. But when you log in, your own personal time tells you that DST exists - hence you get flung one hour into the future when logging in. And if you log out (or leave the computer for 15 minutes [depending on whether or not you are always logged in]) you will be dragged back kicking and screaming into the past.

So, hopefully this will get fixed, until then you can either stay logged in permanently or keep this in mind when browsing boards..

The disappearing posts shouldn't have anything to do with it, but let us know if there are more strange disappearing posts happening.

Advertisement