Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why Can i not sell my wifes car.

Options
  • 12-11-2007 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

This is my first time posting on this site, i was just wondering can anybody give me any tips on selling my car. I have it on carzone for the last two weeks and recieved no interest at all.

It is the cheapest 2005 Ford Fiesta on carzone.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=837462

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's a slow time of the year for car sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

It may be the cheapest but bloody hell a hundred and fifteen 05 fiesta's for sale that's part of the problem me thinks. Just hang in there. Its not the best time of the year to be flogging a motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This is sub-LX spec if I'm not mistaken, and they're very difficult to shift. I think you're going to have to take a bit off your asking price now, or do it in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

You have a UK import(not really a problem) and (much more of a problem) a bottom of the range car which doesn't even have electric windowes as standard if I'm not mistaken. Most Feshtis were LX or better here(as they were in the UK too). And as others said, bad time of year to be trying to shift a used car.

It's an Argento model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

As Colm says, its the base-spec Fiesta and your up against loads of Zetecs or LX's which are probably priced in the same ball-park.
    There seems to be loads of people coming on here lately with the same problem... seems like unless you've got something very in-vogue, its very difficult to off-load cars privately at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

the steel versions in black are nice

not constructive I know

a lot of people would be waiting for the new year to get cars

right on all 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

People like their toys these days such as alloy wheels and electric windows. Buyers are alot more fussy and will wait for the right speced car to pop up.

Also everyone seems to be trying to sell their motor privately at the moment. The market is simply saturated with used cars for sale, it's a buyer's market at the minute. This combined with Christmas approaching plus more and more people are heading across the Irish sea for a used car makes it more difficult.

Either drop the price some more or be a bit more patient and hang in there longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

While it may be the cheapest 2005 model in Carzone look back at 2004 and for around the same price you can see fairly immaculate higher spec models with a warranty and NCT guarantee. I'd take them before yours any day and would hope to recoup more when selling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

This is my first time posting on this site, i was just wondering can anybody give me any tips on selling my car. I have it on carzone for the last two weeks and recieved no interest at all.

It is the cheapest 2005 Ford Fiesta on carzone.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=837462

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

If I was looking to buy your car...I wouldn't give you more than 6k for it.

Advertisement