Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More mic advice needed

Options
  • 12-11-2007 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

hi all.

i'm looking to get a new mic.

basically i'm looking to kill 2 birds with one stone and pick up a mic that's good for recording vocals and guitar (electric only if that matters)

dont mind spending a lot (couple hundred maybe) on the right mic.
    right now the mic is the weak link in my setup. i'd like to start micing the amp instead of through my interface all the time.

any good un's you'd recommend?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Akg c4000b or c3000b
    SE Electronics 2200
    SE electronics z5600a
    Rode NT1/NT2
    Neumann TLM49....maybe not!
    Beyerdynamic MC 834
    AKG Solid tube

Food for thought.

AKG 414 is a great all rounder for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I have the AKG c3000b, there have been a couple of applications where it's worked well but the more I use it the less I like it. In fact, I think I'll flog it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

SM57

(10 char)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

frobisher wrote: »
    I have the AKG c3000b, there have been a couple of applications where it's worked well but the more I use it the less I like it. In fact, I think I'll flog it!

how is it for recording guitar?

i'd be interested in it if its decent quality.

not looking for miracles just decent quality :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

judas101 wrote: »
    how is it for recording guitar?

i'd be interested in it if its decent quality.

not looking for miracles just decent quality :rolleyes:

Hmm an LDC on am amp will work. But you don't need a condensor for amp micing. There's nothing wrong with it at all - a condensor is far better suited to an electric than a dynamic is to an acoustic in many cases. But I think you'll have a very 'live' soundind guitar track.

Could be wrong, depends on your room etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I know your trying to kill two birds with one stone but I think you might be better off getting two different mics. It'll give you more options. I've got an Se 2200 and and sm57 and I can usually get the sound I'm looking for with them.

Advertisement