Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main road to come in by Puroga Creche

Options
  • 12-11-2007 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Has anyone seen the amended application put in by Zapi?

If you want to read this, the application is just on the main road coming down from Jackie Skelleys. It's posted on a tree at the back of Puroga Creche.

It appears they want permission to put a main road right past the entrance of Puroga creche.

I'm sure all the parents would not be happy with this development, not to mention all the families with young children that live in Grove.

If this is the case this will dramatically increase the traffic flow passing directly outside an entrance where toddlers come out and increase the traffic that has to come through the residential estate on a daily basis.

This may prove chaotic in terms of parking for the parents using the creche as already it's manic trying to find a space at peak times, without the worry of actual traffic coming through.

Can anyone shed any light on this ridiculous idea and how long we have to get our objections in on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

main road to where? The site behind Puroga is earmarked for a school.

anyone seen the amended plan and able to enlighten us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

Somebody got it wrong again its part of the planning for the Charlealand phase2 shopping centre etc The road is on the opposite side of the S.A.R. from Puroga and wont come near the park or Grove.:rolleyes:There are about 10 planning notices up around that area of charlesland at the moment mind you its like a treasure hunt trying to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I heard about this road and have sent an email to Tom Fortune to ask about the details. I cannot believe a main entrance to a school would be right beside a busy creche with very young children and toddlers. It is lunacy????:confused: The fact that a planning application has been put on a tree behind the creche astounds me even more. I have a 2 year old that has a mind of his own sometimes as all 2 year olds do and I am now freaking out about it. I am delighted the school is going in behind the grove but surely it can be accessed from the roundabout at Jackie Skellys?? That would make sense!! Hopefully we will get an answer about this soon and see what exactly is planned and how the school will be accessed.:confused:

Wait a minute then I must have seen a different notice then again that wouldnt be too hard given the ammount of them that are around .Why would planning be sought for the road for the school if the planning is not yet sought for the school.
    Secondly any one that took time to look at the plans of phase 2 will note that the round about at jackie skellys will service the new houses near the school and could not be used(right of way and legal issue) as an entry cars in the morning going through estate would cause chaos anyway .There are going to be huge changes on the spine road in that area with left on off for shopping a new round about and removal of the central median as Zapi submitted this road for change a while back

I rang the County Council this am and they said the plans are on view at the moment. She couldnt give me any info over the phone. If what I have heard in the last fews days is correct the 2 options at the moment are both equally bad planning and dangerous for young children in the area. The access to the school will either go through the cul de sac beside the creche or through Charlesland Grove and Park (where that wall is that backs onto the field) which would be through an estate also with young children and residents. So both are equally disasterous. Does anyone have any firm idea or information on the proposal as there is a lot of speculation and I for one would like to get the right facts before I go in screaming like a mad woman to the Council and local authorities.:mad::confused:

• Advertisement

surely the access can come off the jackie skelly roundabout - possibly running parallel to the main road like this:

schoolaccessgb6.jpg

That to me looks more logical than the other 2 proposals I have heard about. Surely that should be the entrance to the school which wouldnt put any small children at risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

Agreed, that is the ONLY logical solution.

Our estate does not need any more additional traffic through it.

The spine road is bad enough at times.

When is the deadline for the objections?

This should never be allowed.

All residents of Charlesland should get on board with resisting this change.

dubrunner wrote: »
    Agreed, that is the ONLY logical solution.

Our estate does not need any more additional traffic through it.

The spine road is bad enough at times.

When is the deadline for the objections?

This should never be allowed.

All residents of Charlesland should get on board with resisting this change.

Totally agree Dubrunner if this proposal is on the cards we should petition the whole lot of the residents of the estate, parents of children in the creche and anyone who is a parent in the area and get their backing against this ridiculous plan, the plan as drawn above is the perfect solution. I will not have my sons life put in danger over this road, where I walk him to a creche that I picked as it was in a quiet cul de sac away from a busy road. I do not intend to move him as he is very happy there and it has the best standards in the county. Hopefully someone can throw some light on this soon. This could be a serious accident waiting to happen if this gets the green light.

First of all everyone complains about lack of a school then when momement happens you object to access and will probably hold it up for a couple of years .The reason why access cant come off the jackie skellys roundabout is simple the site designated does not run up to the roundabout and the D.E.S.will only be purchasing the existing site.The land out side the site which is 50m from the roundabout is in the hands of somebody else.Take for example.I am a landowner who owns land backing on to the housing estate with a site for a school. The residents who have been crying out for a school finally get one but they are not happy with the access so they want a roud through my land- comn get real.Take the second example the route as proposed above will go right through the new proposed housing estae backing on tto the grove.Hey we want a school for our kids but no access through our estatee let the newbies who will live on the other side deal with it.C'mon folks At this rate what is more important the education of local kids or access to a school.By the time its built andall the objections are dealt with most of the kids who could be going there in 12 to 18 monnths will probably be going to secondary school .What happened to reason.?The access would be busy probably for half an hour in the morning half an hour in the evening 5 days a week six months a 180 days a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 avantarklu

woodser wrote: »
    ..... cars in the morning going through estate would cause chaos anyway.

Versus
    woodser wrote: »
    The access would be busy probably for half an hour in the morning half an hour in the evening 5 days a week six months a 180 days a year.

Some turn around there! Have you ever driven through that road in the Grove (opposite SQ)? At peak times, you have to be incredibly careful. And that's just against the small level of traffic with people heading to and from work or dropping kids off to the creche.

Criticising this planning application is not anti-development. It's pro-common sense. Clearly, everyone bar the developer can see that. What's wrong with having the access point on the SAR?

avantarklu wrote: »
    Versus

Some turn around there! Have you ever driven through that road in the Grove (opposite SQ)? At peak times, you have to be incredibly careful. And that's just against the small level of traffic with people heading to and from work or dropping kids off to the creche.

I presume they'll remove the little bit of pavement beside the squinn carpark and allow traffic through there, rather than forcing it through that bit of the Grove. It'll still go past the creche though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

Maybe it would be more sensible for those dropping off kids to park along the spine road and walk their kids in, instead of trying to drive right up to the door.

SlinkyToo wrote: »
    Maybe it would be more sensible for those dropping off kids to park along the spine road and walk their kids in, instead of trying to drive right up to the door.

or in Superquinn if some arrangement could be reached with them (their carpark is never full - indeed the bottom deck is currently closed). Parents dropping to St. Patrick's school are supposed to park at the church carpark and walk down (in reality a lot of them park at the Centra but either way they're not allowed to drive into the school)

The initial plan was for parents to park in the carpark of the proposed new shopping centre and walk over the proposed bridge. The council rejected this, and anyway the school will likely be built long before the shopping centre.

Advertisement