Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Sync light if no DSL?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if my line is active for DSL or not.

If I plug in a DSL modem - does it strictly mean that if thel ights on I have DSL, if the lights off there's no DSL on the line ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If it lights up it means it its receiving DSL.........if not then its not recieving DSL

• Registered Users Posts: 31 markkilpatrick

Dsl light being on menans that dsl is enabled on your line, the port in the exchange may still not be connected thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

ciaranfo wrote: »
    I'm not sure if my line is active for DSL or not.

If I plug in a DSL modem - does it strictly mean that if thel ights on I have DSL, if the lights off there's no DSL on the line ?
    Assuming your line is activated, you have the right settings for your ISP configured in your router and you're using microfilters, it should sync.

Advertisement