Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Box 360 from Canada

• 12-11-2007 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi sorry I know there are similar posts already but I would really like a definitive answer for this one.

Want to buy the boyfriend a 360 for Christmas. I'm in Canada and they are way cheaper here. Can anyone tell me if the one I buy here will actually work in Ireland or is it restricted by a region.

If there is a region on it can it be switched?

Thanks loads, help is much appreciated!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Hi sorry I know there are similar posts already but I would really like a definitive answer for this one.

Want to buy the boyfriend a 360 for Christmas. I'm in Canada and they are way cheaper here. Can anyone tell me if the one I buy here will actually work in Ireland or is it restricted by a region.

If there is a region on it can it be switched?

Thanks loads, help is much appreciated!! :D

All the other threads have a definitive answer :confused:
    Yes they are region locked.
    You will not be able to play any games which are not Region Free.
    Some are, some aren't. Check play-asia.com for a list.
    He would of course be able to import the games from Canada though and they would be cheaper than buying from an Irish shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deisegirl07

yes I understand about the games.. I actually meant the console itself... Sorry for not being clear on that... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

yes I understand about the games.. I actually meant the console itself... Sorry for not being clear on that... :rolleyes:

I had the same problem as well. I could have gotten one free from Canada, but the games won't work, and you'll need to adapt the plug. Also, the Live Points and Live subscriptions are regionalised, so unless you bought everything online, nothing would work...

Advertisement