Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance

Options
  • 13-11-2007 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Last month I took out health insurance for me and the family with Vivas through a broker. They also tried to sell me a extra "day-to-day" add-on for GP visits, dental visits etc. I wasn't sure about this so I asked if I could read up on this and get back to them. They said sure no problem, just let them know, it could be added anytime.

I read the leaflets, considered the cost and decided to go for it, particularly as there was a benefit that would make it worthwhile. So, today I rang them and said yes I would like to add the day-to-day to my policy. They said it had gone up by €4 per adult since I took out my policy. Grand. Then they said that if I want to add this on now I would have to pay an increase on my main policy that they had since brought in for the plan I chose. €300 each per adult! I didn't get the amount they were asking for the kids. Think it might have been €150. I was disgusted. Can they do this? Do I have a complaint?

Comments

Advertisement