Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Rottweiler REWARD

Options
  • 13-11-2007 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Missing since 10 November, 2yr old male Rottweiler from the Deerpark estate in Tallaght, He could be in the surrounding estates of Killinarden, Old Bawn, Aylesbury etc. He is a much loved pet and is sadly missed, REWARD offered for information leading to the recovery of our Family pet. Please contact Maria 086 2057010 or Tony 087 0639671

Tyson.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

All I can suggest is you post this over on www.dogsindistress.org & www.petsireland.invisionzone.com

And the usual posters up in Vets, local shops etc.

Hope you get him back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Lovely dog, sorry to heat that.
    Will keep the eyes peeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Get onto the dog warden and let him know. Dog Wardens Office 4149213. Also get in contact with Dunboyne (SDCC) pound 01 8026676 as this is where he'll be taken if he's been picked up in your area. Photo's from Dunboyne go up on http://www.petsireland.invisionzone.com/ in Urgent Matters on a Wed evening so keep an eye on that. I've texted the rescue group that operates out of that pound too.

Hope you find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Just read this on Irishdogs from Tyson's owner.

"My puppy-baby has been taken from me by the hand of man. He'd wondered into an adjecent field and shot by the farmer for worrying his Bulls, I know in my heart of hearts Tyson wouldn't have worried them as he was too timid. The farmer showed no remorse and said that he'd also shot other dogs in the field that day.

I now have the job of collecting my baby''s body from the farm and giving him the send off he deserves.

He was my best friend, my loyal and faithful companion who was there when I needed him most.

I love and miss you Tyson, You'll never be forgotten.

Thanks to everyone for their support, it's been very much appreciated"

Sorry it wasn't a happier outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Unfortunately there is such a problem with stray and wandering dogs in this country that a farmer who experiences problems is unlikely to give the benefit of the doubt.

Its in everyone's interest that people look after their dogs better, so that when a genuine accident happens, the dog wont get shot immediately.

I'm terrified of something like this happening with mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

fits wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is such a problem with stray and wandering dogs in this country that a farmer who experiences problems is unlikely to give the benefit of the doubt.

Some farmers are shooting rare birds of prey in case they attack their livestock! Very unlikely. Some farmers are way to trigger happy for my liking. I have seen cattle still alive with half their faces blown off in certain parts of the country. I have canoed most of the rivers and inland waterways in the country and you would be horrified at the amount of carcasses thrown in the rivers (where only a canoest could get) with bullet holes in them. Dogs, sheep, cattle, cats and bags of puppies and kittens.

Before the "poor farmer and his sheep" brigade comes on, I know, its illegal to have the dog loose, but sometimes a little common sense prevails. If the dog is just mooching around not worrying the sheep, one could check out the dog, see if its friendly and see if its tagged.

There was one rare bird of prey shot in Wicklow and absolutely no proof that it was a farmer... in fact people involved in the reintroduction maintain that it definitely wasnt as they have all the landowners on side..

So where have you heard about farmers shooting rare birds of prey?

As for the 'poor farmer and his sheep'... sheep can get so distressed by being worried at this time of year that they will abort the lamb and not come in lamb *ever* again.... If a farmer is having repeated problems... why take the chance? and why should a dogs welfare come before any number of sheep?

I'd imagine that being a farmer in Tallaght can suck pretty bad too with all the stray dogs... and maybe if there were less idiotic owners in the country, perhaps they would take the time to catch the dog and check the tag. Now I know from my own experience, if a dog breaks into a field... even if he is not intentionally worrying sheep or cattle, they can get pretty worked up and even break out, which is 'not-a-good-thing'.

Now 'some' farmers are not beyond reproach, I know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Are sheep and cattle being gun trained these days? Surely the loud blast of a shotgun would larm the livestock as much as a dog.

Most would be used to it.

If it did give them a fright, they'd 'startle' rather than panic and take off.

lightening wrote: »
    Some farmers are shooting rare birds of prey in case they attack their livestock! Very unlikely.

Thread about the red kite shot in Wicklow

• Advertisement

There was one rare bird of prey shot in Wicklow and absolutely no proof that it was a farmer... in fact people involved in the reintroduction maintain that it definitely wasnt as they have all the landowners on side..

So where have you heard about farmers shooting rare birds of prey?

I didn't hear about it, I saw it where I worked part time on a sheep farm.
    why take the chance? and why should a dogs welfare come before any number of sheep?

I just said, instead of blowing the dog away, he could just check it out, see if its worrying the sheep, see if its tagged, get it on a lead and see who owns it.
    and maybe if there were less idiotic owners in the country

I hope you never loose your dog in the country, or it gets stolen, dumped and shot!
    Now 'some' farmers are not beyond reproach, I know that.

I underlined SOME farmers on purpose. I have seen the actions first hand.

lightening wrote: »
    I hope you never loose your dog in the country, or it gets stolen, dumped and shot!

I seriously hope so too... cos like I said there are so many bad owners who let their dogs roam, that the good owners who suffer the once off can get punished for it.

I grew up on a sheep farm... We never would have shot a bird of prey. Wild animals were only killed after they had caused a problem... we did not pre-empt it. Grey crows were by far the worst... most birds of prey take carrion but the grey crows used to attack straight after a lamb was born.

And yes one dog (that I know of) was shot but he was seen to worry the sheep and his owner was well warned before the final step was taken. Said owner had no fence and dog was free to roam... which is just not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Toulouse wrote: »
    Just read this on Irishdogs from Tyson's owner.

"My puppy-baby has been taken from me by the hand of man. He'd wondered into an adjecent field and shot by the farmer for worrying his Bulls, I know in my heart of hearts Tyson wouldn't have worried them as he was too timid. The farmer showed no remorse and said that he'd also shot other dogs in the field that day.

I now have the job of collecting my baby''s body from the farm and giving him the send off he deserves.

He was my best friend, my loyal and faithful companion who was there when I needed him most.

I love and miss you Tyson, You'll never be forgotten.

Thanks to everyone for their support, it's been very much appreciated"

Sorry it wasn't a happier outcome.

I thinking about this in terms of how i would feel if the same happened to my dog. Its just awful.

I grew up on a sheep farm... We never would have shot a bird of prey.

I should hope not. I only wish all your collegues were like you.

Advertisement