Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two years on - Viva La Raza!!!

• 13-11-2007 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

t1_guerrero.jpg
    October 9, 1967 — November 13, 2005

That's right folks, tomorrow marks the 2nd anniversary of Eddie's passing. Still brings a tear to my eye, just thinking about it. I think it's truly one of those moments that you will never forget where you were when you heard the news.

On the 13th of November 2005, the world lost a great wrestler, husband and father, but I like to believe Heaven gained a champion.
    RIP Eduardo Gory Guerrero
    "Gone, but not forgotten"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

2 years already?

RIP Eddie. One of the greatest technical wrestlers WWE ever had. Now it's polluted with talentless roided freaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Two years that just flew in completely.
    WWE hasn't been the same without him neither.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

It's still hard to accept!

RIP Eddie!

You made me smile on many an occasion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I still miss him. His title win remains one of my favourite moments in pro wrestling of all time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Jesus christ, cant believe its 2 years. Only feels like a few months

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Still brings a tear to the eye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOxco1qh7UE

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

i'll never forget the following night at an IWW event the whole night was just packed with eddie chants. heel or face you could never hate him.
    adios latino heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I must have replayed him winning the belt on my VCR 20 times, the day after he wont the belt against Brock. RIP

moongoose wrote: »
    i'll never forget the following night at an IWW event the whole night was just packed with eddie chants. heel or face you could never hate him.
    adios latino heat

Aye, the show in the SFX, I was there too. Barely a dry eye in the house for the 10 bells too.

VR!

Melion wrote: »

Jesus that's still hard to watch:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gillie wrote: »
    Jesus that's still hard to watch:(

some great moments in it, especially the moments after the title win, and in the back celebrating with the other wrestlers and Vince.

Tauren wrote: »
    some great moments in it, especially the moments after the title win, and in the back celebrating with the other wrestlers and Vince.

Absolutely!

All the more reason its difficult to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He's still missed. He had it all - wrestling ability, mic skills, humour, guts. I loved him during 2003 when he was on such a roll. It really felt like it was the fans that were pushing him to the top.

I also remember the Raw show in Dublin not long after his death where Bischoff led the ten bell salute. I found it quite emotional and it was impeccably observed by all there. You knew absolutely everybody was affected by the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I never thought that a guy I had only really seen on telly dying could have upset me so much, but I was numb for the week after (apart from the Friday when City won the league!). Eddie was by far and away my favourite restler for the 2 years before he died, and it was a shame that his last major fued was the god awful one with Rey regarding young Dominic.

As mentioned by a few above, his title win against Brock is one of my all time favourite moments. The sheer intensity of the crowd, and the emotion afterwards was just incredible. No title win, apart from Benoits a few weeks later have even come close to that sort of utter joy. In fact, I can think of very few in WWE history which even come close.

gimmick wrote: »
    and it was a shame that his last major fued was the god awful one with Rey regarding young Dominic.

Still got an amazing ladder match out of it though! :D
    VR!

Question is , would have he been champ if he didnt roid up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Melion wrote: »

WOW.....moving.....a true great...sorely missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

that is a great question and the answer sadly is probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Nope and he knew it. That's the problem with wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

2 years already.....damn!!!!!!
    Its still hard to accept that he is gone.It was an honour to see him week in week out performing in the ring or watching his promos.Il always remember that cheeky smile.
    That youtube video certainly brings backs vivid memories of eddie.It also brings back tears from 2 years ago when we lost one of the top guys that pro wrestling has ever seen.
    I remember going to the RAW house show in the point the weekend after he died and throughout the entire show everyone roaring out "Eddie Eddie!!".John Cena's tribute to him was fantastic aswell.

Eduardo Gory Guerrero - gone but never forgotten
    Rip:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

probably not but i still think that he would have been remembered as one of the best wrestlers to hav stepped into the ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

man thats a fast 2 years....remember this like it was yest,when i went onto wwe.com i was like WTF........had just met the guy over a month earlier outside 7/11 in ocean city.......himself n mysterio....soo down to earth...mad

RIP Eddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He was my favourite wrestler from about 2002 onwards. It was strange, because I never liked him in WCW or his initial run with WWE for whatever reasons. He was so entertaining though, no matter what he was doing, and he's missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Hard to believe it has been two years already. Always remember how I found out, one of my friends told me and I just couldn't believe it...

Will never forget seeing him up close just a few months before, the day after the RDS show as he went from the hotel to the bus. :(

R.I.P Eddie G!

Fozzy wrote: »
    He was my favourite wrestler from about 2002 onwards. It was strange, because I never liked him in WCW or his initial run with WWE for whatever reasons. He was so entertaining though, no matter what he was doing, and he's missed

Didn't get into the Mamacita storyline then? That in itself was comedy gold! :)
    VR!

Didn't get into the Mamacita storyline then? That in itself was comedy gold! :)

Nope, not really. Some of it I enjoyed, like Chyna gettin her comeuppances!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I thought he was clean for the last few years of his life, no? Or was it just recreational drugs and alcohol he was free of?

He was roided up before his release in 2001, when he came back in 2002 he was even bigger. He may have been clean after that, But he'd certainly bulked up in the two years since his WWE debut!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Jesus those 2 years flew by, I remember being at the Smackdown house show a year ago today at the Point. Eddie chants were all over the place. Himself and Benoit were my favorite 2 wrestlers ever. Chavo thanked us all for the show of support. It must have been hard for him that day.

I loved Eddie's intensity when chasing the title against Brock Lesnar and when he finally won the big one, his reaction and emotion hasn't been matched from anyone since.

His memory and legacy will never be forgotten.

Viva La Raza!

• Advertisement

Minto wrote: »
    I thought he was clean for the last few years of his life, no? Or was it just recreational drugs and alcohol he was free of?

His autopsy said that there was evidence of recent anabolic steroid use. Konnan was a close friend of his and he said recently that Eddie wasn't "clean" in the months before his death

EDIT: Sorry, I think it was narcotic painkiller use that was in his autopsy, not steroids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i was next to the entrance ramp for a show in 2004 and he passed right by me, he had all the signs of roid abuse, veins, back acne etc

Advertisement