Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will the unthinkable (to them) happen England this weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Andorra comfortably keeping England alive ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Did gerrard dive :eek:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Russia 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

russia 1 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Russia one up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Definitely did not see this happening but I'm loving it. England going out and Norn Iron going out!

Celtic Cup for 2008 anyone? ;)

What are they playing at? :confused: They must be Ireland in disguise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

KdjaCL wrote: »
    England are awful with 5 in midfield, croatia reasonably comfortable, they seemed terrified of crouch in the air, someone should tell them hes awful.

kdjac

Peter Crouch Caps 23 | Goals 13

Wayne Rooney Caps 40 | Goals 14

Any money on Carson getting subbed at HT?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Pigman II wrote: »

was thinking that, but itd be an awful waste of a sub if it comes to england needing a goal in the last 5 mins

Carson seems less confident than Paul Robinson.

Yes that's right, we are looking at a new guiness book of record here folks

Tusky wrote: »

Ones a footballer and the other is not?

What an odd comparision :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

why are you comparing him to Rooney? who mentioned him?

Ya gotta love Simunic. So cynical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Gerrard diving???? never... :p

Carson is more of a joke than Robinson.

Pigman II wrote: »

Ya i think it's definitly gng to happen. Bring on Calamity James. Carson nearly made another howler

thats a lot of booing

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Anybody got any working streams for this. In work, reckon the 2nd half will be a belter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

What is McLaren playing at?!! Barry should have been replaced by Hargreaves half an hour in. He should not be playing that position, he can't get around the pitch like Hargreaves does and has done no harrying whatsoever - a complete passenger.

Other important scores:

Spain 1 N.Ireland 0
    Sweden 2 Latvia 1 ....this group all done and dusted pretty much now.

Malta 1 Norway 4...Pedersen with the 4th. All to no avail if Turkey win.
    Turkey 1 Bosnia 0

Portugal 0 Finland 0 (half time)....Finland comfortable so far, but need win to leapfrog them into 2nd place.

Serbia 0 Poland 1

england fans involved in booing shock horror more at 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ones a footballer and the other is not?

What an odd comparision :confused:

kdjac

Really ? Pretty good goal scoring record for someone who cant play football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

it was a case of damned if you and now damned if you don't for McLaren with playing Robinson, he should stick with Carson for the 2nd half

anyway 45 minutes for McLaren and the England players to save their campaign, i hope they pull it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This game seems set up for a Beckham salvation.

Really ? Pretty good goal scoring record for someone who cant play football.

Could you name the teams he scored against?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bloody Brilliant:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I havent laughed this much in ages:
    http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1547759

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

oh dear, this is excellent ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

McClaren got it spectacularly wrong from the start. playing carson instead of james, dropping beckham, playing one up front AT HOME

the man doesnt deserve to be a manager

take off two of the midfielders (fat frank has done f- all, where the hell is gareth barry, and gerrard is doing his usual wandering around looking disinterested "it's everyone else's fault not mine" routine he's perfect at liverpool) and bring on bent and beckham, and go 4-4-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

FatherTed wrote: »
    I havent laughed this much in ages:
    http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1547759

Jaysus that was quick!

It was going in anyway though, right? As in, if he didn't touch it it would still have gone in?

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    Could you name the teams he scored against?

Jamaica hatrick and 2 vs someone in another freindly, and a robot dance one. Honestly cant see how anyone would compare those 2 but Tusky a pool fan so has to like crouch.

Wright is very quiet on BBC.

kdjac

alan hansen calling for james this gets funnier by the minute

Jamaica hatrick and 2 vs someone in another freindly, and a robot dance one. Honestly cant see how anyone would compare those 2 but Tusky a pool fan so has to like crouch.

Wright is very quiet on BBC.

kdjac

trying to catch a night link out of negative town lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

People criticising Carson need to get a clue. The lad is having a bad game he has been excellent all season.

Roar wrote: »
    McClaren got it spectacularly wrong from the start. playing carson instead of james, dropping beckham, playing one up front AT HOME

the man doesnt deserve to be a manager

take off two of the midfielders (fat frank has done f- all, where the hell is gareth barry, and gerrard is doing his usual wandering around looking disinterested "it's everyone else's fault not mine" routine he's perfect at liverpool) and bring on bent and beckham, and go 4-4-2

I disagree with playing carson was a mistake. He got off to a disastrious start but he is a very good keeper. He has been in great form this season with Villa. I agree though Lampard shouldn't have started. Defoe should have started.

Beckham and Defoe are coming on for Wright Phillips and Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wonder who are enjoying this more? The Croatians or the Scots? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Full times:

Spain 1 N.Ireland 0
    Sweden 2 Latvia 1

Turkey 1 Bosnia 0 ...Turkey through
    Malta 1 Norway 4

Finland still in with a chance at 0-0. Can they get the vital goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I didnt even know Lampard was playing. get that waste of space off and hargreaves on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

s_carnage wrote: »
    I disagree with playing carson was a mistake. He got off to a disastrious start but he is a very good keeper. He has been in great form this season with Villa. I agree though Lampard shouldn't have started. Defoe should have started.

Beckham and Defoe are coming on for Wright Phillips and Barry

not doubting he's a quality keeper, but he's come in for their final qualifier in one of england's biggest games in years, playing in front of a dodgy back 4.. the pressure's gotten to him, as seen in his howler for the goal, some dodgy clearences, poor saves etc... i doubt the situation would have affected james as much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

DeFoe and Beckham on 4-4-2

Mike.

• Advertisement

he's better than rooney sure. :rolleyes:

Should have been Lampard coming off not Barry. Has McLaren not learned a thing from Barry and Gerrard's partnership when they hit form?

DSB wrote: »
    People criticising Carson need to get a clue. The lad is having a bad game he has been excellent all season.

Nope

this is international football there are plenty of other types of football u21 u23 full club team games in a top league etc for players to get ready for international football.

The players on show are the best footballers in england, not a chance in hell anyone of them or any international player is going to get sympathy from me :D

kdjac

Should have been Lampard coming off not Barry. Has McLaren not learned a thing from Barry and Gerrard's partnership when they hit form?

Exactly he was non extistent in the first half whereas Wright Philips were one of there better palyers!! Crazy subsitition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Carson doesn't lack ability anyone that follows the PL will know that but he lacks international expeirence and playing him in such a big game with little or no International expeirence was a managment error, I just hope Carson can bounce back and McClaren hasn't done damage to his long term confidence.

I never said he deserves any sympathy. But people putting him under the same light as Robinson who has been making clangers consistently this season are just being overdramatic and ridiculous. He is an excellent keeper who has had a bad game. Every keeper has them. It doesn't make him a bad keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

England Peno!!

irish1 wrote: »
    Carson doesn't lack ability anyone that follows the PL will know that but he lacks international expeirence and playing him in such a big game with little or no International expeirence was a managment error, I just hope Carson can bounce back and McClaren hasn't done damage to his long term confidence.
    I never said he deserves any sympathy. But people putting him under the same light as Robinson who has been making clangers consistently this season are just being overdramatic and ridiculous. He is an excellent keeper who has had a bad game. Every keeper has them. It doesn't make him a bad keeper.

I agree with irish1 bad management but the point remains he is playing at borderline worldclass level and failing but is still a good keeper? Robinson is still a good keeper too. Just not world class cant do it at international level and its broke him as a keeper.

We damn lucky we have Given.

Peno wtf?

kdjac

Lifeline!

• Advertisement

how the **** is that a peno? Defoe grabbed him.

kdjac

Advertisement