Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Ever XI from your team

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Ryan
    Hawkins Lynch Maguire
    Osam Fahey
    Mbabzi Gormley Russel
    Molloy O'Flaherty
    Only went on players ive seen play for Pats so no McGrath
    went 3 at the back even though I don't like that formation as we have had mainly useless fullbacks except for Des Byrne who is a bit of a scumbag and only had one decent season at us anyway.
    Up front along side Molloy we havent had that many good strikers didnt include Doyle as he only played a dozen games or so for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Everton of 80's, 90's (wont be too many :D ) and 00's

Neville Southall

Trevor Steven ---- Dave Watson ---- Joseph Yobo ---- Andy Hinchcliffe

Andrei Kanchelskis ---- Mikel Arteta ---- Peter Reid ---- Kevin Sheedy

Graeme Sharp
    Gary Lineker

Lineker had some season in '85/'86. 40 goals in 57 games...

Ones that I left out, but just as easily could be included:

Duncan Ferguson
    Anders Limpar
    Tim Cahill
    Pat Van Den Hauwe
    Derek Mountfield
    Tony Cottee
    Pat Nevin
    Norman Whiteside
    Peter Beardsley
    Wayne Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

growler wrote: »
    controversial, no Terry but Gallas in?

Wise, hmmm.

And although I did think about it, i think prefer Drogba to jimmy.

I know, I know, but we got some good seasons out of Willy and Jimmy. Maybe its just sentimentality.
    Honourable mention to Gus too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Clemence

Hughes---Hansen----Carragher----Neal

Callaghan--Souness---Molby---Heighway

Dalglish---Fowler

Very difficult decisions between Fowler and Rush, and Heighway and Barnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Throw gerrard in for molby and Barnes for heighway in and i concur :)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Throw gerrard in for molby and Barnes for heighway in and i concur :)
    Barnes maybe, Gerrard nah. There'd be 2 or 3 more ahead of him.

think Gerrard is judged a little harshly tbh, considering the things he has done in his relatively short liverpool career, he will definately earn his place in this team (if he hasnt already). Think the chelsea incident and other things people dont like him for cloud peoples judgement of him.

or maybe its my judgement clouded :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

tdv wrote: »
    Milan XI

.......................................Galli.............................................

Tassotti.................Nesta..............Baresi........................Maldini

......................................Desailly.........................................
    ..................Gattuso.................................Albertini.................

........................................Kaka..........................................
    ...................Savicevic.........................................................
    ....................................................Van Basten......................

I'd have similar but it would look like this.

Buffon

Tasstotti----Nesta----Baresi----Maldini

Albertini

----Savicevic
    Leidleholm

Kaka

Sehvchenko
    Van Basten

Costacurta, Boban, Pirlo, Nordhal, Gattuso

Mr Alan wrote: »
    think Gerrard is judged a little harshly tbh, considering the things he has done in his relatively short liverpool career, he will definately earn his place in this team (if he hasnt already). Think the chelsea incident and other things people dont like him for cloud peoples judgement of him.

or maybe its my judgement clouded :)
    Gerrard's a good player, but its more of a case of trying to accomodate him. There have certainly been better central midfielders, there have been better wingers. He's a little bit int he McManaman category of "drifting" players. He can go very missing at times.

As for your sig, try this http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1399/pylm4.jpg the text is clearer.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the sig thing!

We'll just have to agree to disagree about Gerrard....although i still reckon he would be perfect in the middle playing Souness! :)

thanks again

Advertisement