Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horribly pixelated on FX5200 display via SVideo on Vista.

Options
  • 13-11-2007 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Ok so this machine was running MythTV thru svideo on this FX5200 withut pixelation issues. The display was as good as yoiu would expect via svideo.

For some reason, the display is HORRID on Vista. Naturally ive tried different res's, different size fonts and cleartype on/off but no matter what, the raw display just lookes very pixelated. By that I mean it looks horrible even for composite, let alone svideo!

I used the same card on MCE 2005 and its was fine.

Any ideas? Only thing I can think of is crappy vista drivers for the FX5200 because its pretty old school.

What say you?

/edit as an aside, does anybody know what the first AGP Nvidia card (Ir lowest model number) that had a HD TV out encoder was. I remember resaeching it a while back, but I cant find my notes!

Advertisement