Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 so noisy?

• 13-11-2007 9:59am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I just bought a 360 with Gears of War.
    However as soon as I booted the thing up, I've noticed there's a loud "whirring" noise emitting constantly from the unit. The disc acessing noise is also very loud.
    Is this normal or is there something wrong with my system?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

This is normal, the fans and drive are very noisy, doesnt bother me though! just turn your tv up louder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah tis very noisy alright, and for some reason I always find the Gears of War disc to be much noisier than any other I've tried since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Depends on the game, apparently Mass Effect is going to put a lot of strain on your 360, expect some hardware failures :eek:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Slightly off topic but I had my 360 repaired recently, the note with it stated that the mother board was replaced, but it seems a lot quieter.
    Any one else find this / know what the story is?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Yeah.
    I guess I'm just not used to a loud console.
    My last console was a Gamecube and that made no noise whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I must be the only one not to notice the noise. But I play my games with the volume up (for effect! :D ), so I wouldn't hear armageddon if it happened).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Ditto. Have my surround sound up loud so not a chance of hearing the Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

i put in skate recently and the 360 is much quieter playing that - GOW does make it louder tho...must be processor intensive games need the drive to spin faster and uses more fan speed i guess - either way it sucks

Advertisement