Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passed 310

Options
  • 13-11-2007 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Experts;

Yesterday I passed 310 Exam at NewHorizon, It is supposed that I am now MCAD. but still it is not updated on my MCP Profile!!

Is it ok or should I call the Exam center??

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

First off Congrats on your exam!!

The MS MCP site can take up to 7 days to process your results and its taken longer for me before.

Saying all that though, I took the 620 last week and the results were up on the MCP site the next day.

But yeah give it a week before you worry about it.

Whats next for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

I am thinking about 70-551...

What do u think??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

The 551 exam is not that bad, well depends on your definition i suppose.

Its 3 exams in 1 so you will be doing the 70-536, 70-528 and 70-547. This means that you will be doing each exam back to back. So it can be quite tough. Each part is a complete exam, so once you finish a part you cannot go back to it.

The exam is rated at 4 hours long for the whole thing.

If you are doing web based .NET development at the moment, you will probably find it ok. The .NET fundamentals exam is probably the trickiest (its akin to the 310 exam you just passed.. congrats).

I did find the PRO exam part ok, its all design rather than code, but it had helped I had the MCSD qualification first and was working in app design and stuff.

The web app exam is much the same as the 305/315 exam.

You choose what language you want to do it in at the start of the exam. And I think its C#, VB.NET and Managed C++ if I remember correctly

I haven't taken the 70-551 Mmalaka so I can't say but Ginger knows his stuff for all things "dev" so I would go with what he said :)

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

mmalaka wrote: »
    Experts;

Yesterday I passed 310 Exam at NewHorizon, It is supposed that I am now MCAD. but still it is not updated on my MCP Profile!!

Is it ok or should I call the Exam center??

Regards

Last exam i did there it took about a week to come through. Congrats though mate!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Congrats on the pass, OP.

Blitz wrote: »
    Congrats though mate!

Thank u
    Congrats on the pass, OP.

Thank u
    Ginger wrote: »
    Its 3 exams in 1 so you will be doing the 70-536, 70-528 and 70-547. This means that you will be doing each exam back to back. So it can be quite tough. Each part is a complete exam, so once you finish a part you cannot go back to it.

The exam is rated at 4 hours long for the whole thing.

How many questions for each section?

Do u think it is easier to do each exam alone instead of doing the upgrade Exam?

Experts;

Still my MPC Profile does not show my MCAD Status??I did the Exam last Monday!!!

Regards

What exams have you completed? 70-310 and ??. Is your current exam listed on the MCP website.

Each exam part usually has 30 to 35 questions or so, give or take. You normally get about on average 88 to 90 questions on the exam over the 3 sections.

Its easier to do each exam on its own of course, but its 3 times the cost. As compared to doing and paying for 1 exam, you need to sit 3 exams and pay for them.

What exams have you completed? 70-310 and ??. Is your current exam listed on the MCP website.

MCP website does not show that I did the 310...

Give the regional service centre a buzz on (1800) 554920

Have your MCP ID ready, along with your exam number. This number should be on the print out that you got when you passed your exam from the testing centre. ..

They do say it can take up to 10 working days to transfer from the testing centre system to the MCP system

• Advertisement

guys

until today this test was not reflected on my MCP Profile; I called microsoft last week and emailed them the test report that was last Tuesday. I only got of them a confirmation email and thats all still waiting

I will do the Exam of 70-551 next week.

Regards

According to the system are you now an MCAD? Because the 551 exam will just become an exam passed and wont give you a certification without the relevant pre requisites of having your MCAD??

And doing it next week so close after doing your MCAD is fair going, hope you are prepared!!

the MCP site is not showing that I did the 310 Exam and so it is not showing that I have the MCAD :(

Can you ring the testing centre and verify that its there..

from the test center web site I can print a report that I passed the test. and still I have the origional print out result that I got when I completed the Exam I already sent this to microsoft

Hmmm.. very strange.. but not uncommon..

Well best of luck with the 551 exam, its quite tough.

Just saw this on the MCP site

We are currently experiencing delays in receiving MCP exam results from the test provider; we are working together to resolve these issues. If you experience a delay of more than seven business days and you require immediate assistance updating your transcript, contact your Microsoft Regional Service Center with your name, Microsoft Certification ID (MCP ID), as well as your Vendor Person ID and Registration ID (both are listed on your score report). Please also include the exam number and the date that you took the exam, as well as a copy of your score report

I already did this last week

still waiting....

Should I reschedule the 70-551 Exam??

No continue as is. If you have already passed the exam and informed MS then its not a problem.

as u know it is an upgrade Exam and u have to be MCSD to be ugraded. so I am afraid it would not be counted as that (If I pass it) as I am still not MCSD in my profile

• Advertisement

Well, you need to be an MCAD (rather than MCSD tho you can be that too :) ) for the 551 exam.

What it means, is without the prerequisite MCAD certification it doesnt give you any thing other than you passed the exam. However if you do pass the exam and then become an MCAD, the ripple effect means that you will have your MCTS and MCPD cert too.

For example.. take the MCPD using the three exams .. its 2 exams for the MCTS and 1 exam for the PRO and you must have the MCTS to get the pro certification. So say you did the PRO exam first and then followed it with the web apps exam and then finally did the fundamentals exam, once you passed the last exam you would get both the MCTS and MCPD cert in 1 go.

The same applies for your MCAD and doing the upgrade. You can do the exams in any order, but the certificatioins will happen only when you do the combinations.

Well, you need to be an MCAD (rather than MCSD tho you can be that too :) )

i.e. MCAD :o

Did it finally make it to the website!

Did it finally make it to the website!

No not yet!!!!

Ah thats crap! Still continue on with the 551 exam. Once the MCAD certification happens on the website and if you pass 551 you will have the MCPD (nice!)

if you pass 551 you will have the MCPD (nice!)
    And the MCTS also

Of course, my bad!

Finally just today the MCAD is reflected in my MCP Profile :)

Nice one.. good luck with the next exam and be sure to tell us how you got on.

• Advertisement

Also just read that they are bringing out a 70-558 and 70-559 Exams that will take you to MCTS level rather than MCPD because they are showing a high failure rate in the 551 and 552 exams.
    As for the MCAD/MCSD upgrade exams, here is what was and will be.

We had exams 551 and 552 which were the upgrade exams for MCAD to MCPD. I wasn't involved in that original plan but I have issue with that because I don't think that MCAD is at the level they need to be to take a Pro level exam. The scoring of these two exams clearly shows a high failure rate.

You are correct that these exams consisted of components from the TS and Pro exams. The reason was to test the MCAD on the TS items as well as the Pro items. As if they took the path to MCPD from scratch.

We are releasing two new exams, 558 and 559 that will replace 551 and 552 for the MCAD upgrade. These will only take the MCAD to an MCTS level on .NET 2.0.

I want to leave 551 and 552 in the channel but change the requirement where you must be an MCSD to take that upgrade. Of course we can't enforce that but it will be the recommended starting point. I believe that MCSD candidates are better suited to take the MCPD upgrade.

Doubt it will be for a while, but at least you know

Advertisement