Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finglas test routes wanted

Options
  • 13-11-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

:confused:Any info on the test routes used at Finglas would be muuuuuuch appreciated!!

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Rhodney

up ...
    also booked in finglas .
    hope to get more info...ta:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭sk8board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

I did my pretest lessons in Finglas and from the places the instructor brought me, it seems like a quite large area.

Basically the area bounded by The Jamestown Road (on the West side), St Margaret's Road (on the North end), The Ballymun Road (on the East side) and Griffith Avenue (on the South end).

There may be more than this, but this is where my instructor brought me. Its a very large area with lots of housing estates. Hill start, Reverse-around-corner & Turnabout were all done in the estates. Best just to drive around there for a while if you are not getting pretest lessons.

I don't think there are actual predefined test routes within this area. It seems like the tester just choses it as he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Azlan

Thanks Mizu Ger,

Do you know of any potential pitfalls in the area??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭sk8board

Azlan wrote: »
    Do you know of any potential pitfalls in the area??

I went round with my wife before her test, and the one thing that is certainly an issue in Finglas is parked cars on the roads/estates (i.e. the 'manouvering around obstructions' rule and all that lark).

Also, be sure you are familiar with the Finglas village junction. Its an unusual layout, and you are certain to go through it twice during the test route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

sk8board wrote: »
    be sure you are familiar with the Finglas village junction. Its an unusual layout, and you are certain to go through it twice during the test route.
    Yes, the five road junction (Jamestown Road, McKee Avenue,Mellowes Road, Church Street, Seamus Ennis Road) in Finglas village can be tricky for some.
    Mizu_Ger wrote:
    I don't think there are actual predefined test routes within this area. It seems like the tester just choses it as he goes.
    Yes, I agree. I did all the test categories in Finglas and no examiner ever took me on what were known as the 'test routes'.

Advertisement