Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consistency & Post-processing

Options
  • 13-11-2007 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just processed my cousin's wedding, over the course of around 2 weeks. Different shots have different colour-casts, different amounts of contrast etc, leading to a kind of patchwork-effect and lack of consistency across the board.

I was wondering how to go about applying a given conversion process to a batch of .tiffs (say). Imagine there's 20 images all taken in the same light, I would like to fiddle with one until it's the way I want, then apply those edits to the other 19. Does that make sense?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

One way to correct colour cast is to duplicate your layer, apply the average blur to the duplicate and then invert it. Switch the blend mode to colour and drop the opacity to something lowish. This could be easily applied in an action. It just requires getting the opacity setting right.

If you're processing RAW files you could use the white balance tool in all selected images to get similar colour...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

You hit the nail on the head there, albeit by accident i suspect. It's not really a colour-cast thing, that was the thing that happened this time but it could be contrast or whatever.

'Actions'

Just googled them there, I can create an Action which gets an image which is a good representaion of the whole group the way i like it, then apply this action to the others as a starting point.

I'm a photoshop novice, so easy to end up with overblown shots as my flickr will attest to. I need to learn to have a finer touch :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Ah okay.
    Exactly actions are like macros or scripts that you run in Photoshop. So you can make an action to say auto levels an image and the go to file>automate>batch and apply that action to every file in a folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Much obliged :)

Advertisement