Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App for batch resizing images with thumbnail for web?

Options
  • 13-11-2007 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

Looking for a freeware or shareware tool (read: cheap) which can batch resize images and also create a thumbnail for use on the web. Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

If you want to resize them on your PC first, use Microsoft's Image Resize Powertoy. It allows you to highlight a bunch of images in windows explorer and resize in one go. You need XP though. Download at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

If you want to resize the images on a website, you can use SlideShowPro Director. It's a cool app for managing photos. You can upload a bunch of photos to the app in one go, resize them using the app, and with a little server side magic (or using slideshowpro), load them directly onto your site. It's only $20 too. Download at:

www.slideshowpro.net

Rgds, Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Thanks Dave

I'm specifcally looking for a tool which will batch resize the images but at the same time make a thumbnail of the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

phpThumb worked kinda for me?

I'm using the flickr api for web work at the moment too?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

meglome wrote: »
    Thanks Dave

I'm specifcally looking for a tool which will batch resize the images but at the same time make a thumbnail of the image.

Is it essential that it's a one time procedure? I use pixresizer to resize to a manageable size for the web, and then run it again to do the thumbnails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Might be worth checking out thumbsplus, it has good batch functionality... not sure about the thumbnails, but you could always put them through a second pass at an even smaller size and generate them that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

If you have Photoshop, you could create a droplet. You can record your task and then repeat it for as many images as you like. If you put a shortcut to the droplet in your send to folder, you just need to right click on a bunch of images and select sent to and then your droplet. That way, you can do whatever you like to your images, not just resize them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I currently use FastStone Image Viewer faststone to resize and rename images in batches. might be worth looking into and is freeware which is also a bonus :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Gallery Mage will resize, rename, make thumbs and upload all in one. It is a java app, but it's pretty fast.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭alanjgrace

Easy Thumbnails is the one for the job, will create batches of images and you can select your size or quality and the prefix etc before them and its free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement