Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finglas - Rathfarnham - Inchicore

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Slunk wrote: »
    De La Salle primary .
    Decent school, closed now though.
    All Degsys positives regarding facilities and infrastructure are good points but I think he's being a tad romantic about the oul salt of the earth peace loving community and I don't agree that a strong SF presence in our area is a great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Jay D wrote: »
    Oh and did you not have a fella run beside you in his nude passing the Plunkett Rd????? ;)

Yes, on cardiffsbridge road, but he was a harmless drunk who had too much on a night out. Wasnt looking for trouble. Could happen anywhere. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

I grew up in the Ranch in Inchicore, like all the areas you´re talking about, there´s a bit of antisocial behaviour, but really easy access to good schools(via a good bus link), and an awful lot of green areas surrounding it (the GAA field, the route down to the Liffey, the Liffey walk back to Chapelizod, the Memorial Park, the Phoenix Park just past that. If you plan on having children, i would say it´s a place that they could grow up to be decent, non-skanger people, once you are an encourageing parent etc. ie. don´t let the area have a huuge influence, but do use all of its amenities. and Inchicore is in the middle of a big rejuvenation at the moment, with a huge amount of young professionals in all of the very very many apartments they´ve been building. That said, they look horrible and crowd in on all of the older houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

df1985 wrote: »
    marlay park unless its up round whitechurch.
    Since when the hell do people consider whitechurch to be up by marlay?? Whitechurch is ages away. :p (but yeah, OP, only two areas in rathfarnham i'd say don't move to would be whitechurch, and a couple of random roads around nutgrove)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Have to say I moved into a rented place on Finglas and really enjoying it so far (bar the bus strikes), sure it's an estate but I live 2 mins from the pool and the village, and there's even the odd nice pub. So far no regrets at all! And the chipper is quality as well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You'll live, despite the scare stories :)

Lots nearby for food like Lidl/Aldi/new Dunnes, a Godfathers pizzeria, a few very good chinese take-aways in the village also.

Not forgetting the offy at Molloys in the village :D

Pubs in the village are ok'ish, nothing trendy, just your run of the mill type places for a few pints. The pubs in the estates are the ones to avoid, right kips nevermind the clientele imho.

New pub called 'The Mayor' i think near the new Charlestown shopping centre is suppose to be a nice modern place with good food as its new, someone living near there on boards might give a proper review :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

Kip. Its near Michaels estate a notorious part of Inchicore. One of its merits is that its near Richmond Park, go on the saints. All sorts of drug deals and stuff goes on there, stay away if you can.

Possibly the most inaccurate post I have ever read on boards And thats saying something. If you are going to spend 400,000 on a house spend a couple of nights in one of the B&Bs on the street and see what you think. I assure you its absolutely nothing like our misinformed posters post.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

gurramok wrote: »
    New pub called 'The Mayor' i think near the new Charlestown shopping centre is suppose to be a nice modern place with good food as its new, someone living near there on boards might give a proper review :)

has it opened back up ? i thought health and safety closed it due to cockroaches or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

The Deputy Mayor. When was this closed. I had dinner there once or twice and it was fairly nice, going there again next friday for a get together too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

irishbird wrote: »
    has it opened back up ? i thought health and safety closed it due to cockroaches or something

not sure about this particular instance but generally this is bull****, people talking crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Popel wrote: »
    I grew up in the Ranch in Inchicore, like all the areas you´re talking about, there´s a bit of antisocial behaviour, but really easy access to good schools(via a good bus link), and an awful lot of green areas surrounding it (the GAA field, the route down to the Liffey, the Liffey walk back to Chapelizod, the Memorial Park, the Phoenix Park just past that. If you plan on having children, i would say it´s a place that they could grow up to be decent, non-skanger people, once you are an encourageing parent etc. ie. don´t let the area have a huuge influence, but do use all of its amenities. and Inchicore is in the middle of a big rejuvenation at the moment, with a huge amount of young professionals in all of the very very many apartments they´ve been building. That said, they look horrible and crowd in on all of the older houses.

Finally! Someone sticking up for Inchicore. Disagree about the apartment blocks, there is a nice development in the Ranch (Seven Oaks I think?), very well built, well managed. Friend lives there and loves it. I've lived in the area for the last five years, and I love it. Handy to everything, and levels of anti-social behaviour much much lower than you might think. There has only been one incident of car theft (unsuccessful at that) on my road in that time. Strong sense of community and a bit of vibrancy in the place after years of neglect. I wouldn't move to Finglas if the house was free of charge!

Advertisement