Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mercian vigorelli

Options
  • 13-11-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

i am currently putting together my new fix and i need to buy a new stem because the forks are not threaded, i was looking at this and it's a beauty but would i have to buy it online or does anyone know any shop in dublin that stocks these, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

On an aesthetic level I think that would look out of place on a lugged steel frame. How about a nice shiny Nitto one?

http://www.hubjub.co.uk/nitto/nitto.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

i guess, to be honest I never thought about the big picture i just fell in love with the stem by itself, it is pretty slick,

and also thanks morgan for the website

I have mentioned it in two previous threads and I thought that i'd throw up a picture now that it's finished:

Picture%20004.jpg?imgmax=512

Picture%20009.jpg?imgmax=576

with the photos i am attempting to go for the arty angle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Oh my oh my oh my that is a beautiful bike. I love Mercians.. there's very little more elegant than a clean simple Mercian Vigorelli.

No bar tape though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Nice bike. You just need a shot of it on an escalator to complete the series. Would look better with some bar tape though. Which stem did you end up getting? Are you going to put a brake on it?

• Advertisement

well the stem i got isn't anything special it's a plt pro or something like that it's a sister branch of shimano, maybe for my birthday i'll look at getting a nitto or the cinelli(even though it would look out of place).

bar tape? well i just finished it yesterday so i haven't got a chance to put on some tape but i am unsure if i will, i dunno cause if i put tape on it will protect the handlebars from getting scratched but it won't jump out as much but i guess i don't want that for fear of theft :confused:

brakeless? well i have been cycling on a fixed gear bike for the past year and for the last few months on the old bike i was trying to cycle without using my front brake and i have got pretty used to it so i won't put a brake on just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm very jealous.

seriously.

want to list the build parts for us? yunno, just to rub it in?

Advertisement