Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble with stiff wheelnuts?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Candidate for a Darwin Award perhaps? :D

Certainly showed no mechanical aptitude. I can't get my head around the thought process that comes up with a 12 gauge shotgun as a means to remove a wheel nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

This guy fired "BOTH" barrels - methinks the nerves in his legs may not have been working anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Bananaman wrote: »
    This guy fired "BOTH" barrels - methinks the nerves in his legs may not have been working anyway

Actually, the more I think about it, someone who takes two weeks to get the wheels off a car couldn't be the sharpest knife in the drawer :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Read this in the Metro this morn, how he thought it was going to work is what I would love to know!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

In fairness to our hero here, the article states that he was working on the car for two weeks, not that he was struggling with the wheel for two weeks.
    That said, his chosen method of nut loosening might lean towards the latter.

Anyhow, 'shocking' is a tried and tested method of freeing a seized nut/bolt, but it's more usually done with a soft faced hammer or a regular hammer and a drift/punch of some sort.
    Now that I've discovered this new method though... ;)

<pedantmode>
    Also, the picture in the article shows the front wheel of a 4x4 of some sort (almost certainly Japanese), not a Lincoln Continental.
    </pedantmode>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

best way is to weld a steel bar onto the nut, failing that i suppose the next best thing would be a shotgun :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Hi Guys

In America they use the shock & awe technique to overcome all obsticles. They first jump in and do something stupid and then the shock & awe factor.

Shock: What the F....K have I just done?

Awe: Awe for F....ks sake not another visit to the hospital

Every garage should have one.

Advertisement