Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Diesel Tuning??

Options
  • 13-11-2007 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

Anyone know if you can get a chip or a remap done on a BMW E36 (91 to 99)
    318tds engine? And if so... any of ye know where in ireland it could be done (if at all).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Try over at http://bmw-driver.net those guys might know more about chipping a 318 diesel.

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Try over at http://bmw-driver.net those guys might know more about chipping a 318 diesel.

Hj

right so thanks. i'll go and have a look there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

C_Breeze wrote: »

Sweeet! Thanks C_Breeze.. i'd say it's well worth gettin that. :D

Sweeet! Thanks C_Breeze.. i'd say it's well worth gettin that. :D

No worries.. Sure cant go wrong with an extra 23bhp and 65nm torque ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would weigh up the pros and cons here.

An E36 318TDS will be at the very least 9 years old at this stage with probably 100k miles or more on it. Will a chip really improve the performance of the car at this stage of it's life?

bazz26 wrote: »
    I would weigh up the pros and cons here.

An E36 318TDS will be at the very least 9 years old at this stage with probably 100k miles or more on it. Will a chip really improve the performance of the car at this stage of it's life?

ah.. yeah... 9 years old is nothin for a bmw, especially one with 64k and one previous OAP owner.

But in any case... aside from this car, just because a car's old doesnt mean it's not good (and that bmw's not old at 10 years). If it's maintained properly, and i mean PROPERLY.. any good car will stay good for a lot longer than 10 years dude.
    This throwaway culture people are gettin into is pretty silly.

I'm pretty confident that it'l make a noticeable difference... It's made a difference on previous relatively older cars ive driven... i just was askin because it's a diesel in this case and i hadnt had much experience of chips/remaps for diesels

ah.. yeah... 9 years old is nothin for a bmw, especially one with 64k and one previous OAP owner.

But in any case... aside from this car, just because a car's old doesnt mean it's not good (and that bmw's not old at 10 years). If it's maintained properly, and i mean PROPERLY.. any good car will stay good for a lot longer than 10 years dude.
    This throwaway culture people are gettin into is pretty silly.

I'm pretty confident that it'l make a noticeable difference... It's made a difference on previous relatively older cars ive driven... i just was askin because it's a diesel in this case and i hadnt had much experience of chips/remaps for diesels

Tottaly agree with you there

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Tottaly agree with you there

Excellent:cool:

Advertisement