Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless ip webcam! anyone have experience setting up?

• 13-11-2007 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

I recentely purchased a wireless webcam, its attached to a mini server that has a wifi dongle attached to make it wireless , u se ethem on ebay. I connected the cam usuing LAN to mak sure it works and everything is good.

I assigned it an IP address but when i go wireless i cannot get it to work. I have a netopia 2247 wireless modem. Can anyone give me simple steps in order to set this up in a few simple steps. Any advice would be appreciated! I was up till about 2am this morning trying to get the blasted thing to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as always!:)

Jut relised i may have posted in wrong forum so I posted to wirelss forum aswell so apologies for duplicate posting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

It may need certain ports opened so just go ahead and turn of your firewall in your router and see if it works.

http://192.168.1.254/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

Make sure the ip address is valid for your router. i.e. if your router assigns ip addresses between 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.255 then it should be within this range.
    also you might have to make sure that the protocol & port the webcam is using isn't blocked by the router. There is usually a page in the router setup where you can unblock certain ports (and protocols - like http for the webcam I presume)

Can the wireless camera be setup without the server? This adds an extra step. You might actually get the camera on the server's address rather than the camera's address in that case.... (just thinking out loud:)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

Make sure the ip address is valid for your router. i.e. if your router assigns ip addresses between 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.255 then it should be within this range.
    also you might have to make sure that the protocol & port the webcam is using isn't blocked by the router. There is usually a page in the router setup where you can unblock certain ports (and protocols - like http for the webcam I presume)

Can the wireless camera be setup without the server? This adds an extra step. You might actually get the camera on the server's address rather than the camera's address in that case.... (just thinking out loud:)).

As far as i know the camera dosnt have an independant ip address and is reliant on the server (specifically for the camera) to make the connection. I reckon it is definetely something to do with the netopia wireless router and just putiing in some settings as the little server shows up the correct ip address. I even tried to forward the port but to no avail. I was just hoping there was a simple solution but as always for the novices like me nothing can be too simple. The idea is to be able to access the webcam remotely from another computer in another location but i cant even get it to work wirelessy in my own house first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

So how would you ideally access it from a different computer on the wireless network? Does the server provide a web page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

So how would you ideally access it from a different computer on the wireless network? Does the server provide a web page?

Yes , you acess it from a web page, and similary when you are viewing remotely at a different location many companies on the web are offering services to do that, im sure some are even free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Im thinking of purchaseing a wireless webcam, the one i was looking at is a Hawking Wless IP Cam any one else know any thing about it ? and if they work good

Thanks guys
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement