Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It is possible I am being a total numpty but..

• 13-11-2007 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Where do you guys find details of competitions going on ? :confused:

Affiliated SJ and Stressage is easily found but as TheG doesn't jump anymore it doesn't count and although I want to start doing stressage with him I don't want to go affiliated just yet (until I know whether it'll be worth affiliating - we might be pants! :D)..

I'm struggling to find "local" dressage - where is a good place to find schedules / venues etc ?

Local horse mags / schedules in tack shops/feed merchants & websites are the most common places to find schedules etc in UK.. Not a lot listed in TheField etc apart from the fancy stuff (and mostly SJ).. No schedules in local tack shops etc..

Where do you find stuff to do ?

TheBx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

When I started back riding I often wondered this as well...

I think the only way is to join the relevant organisations... Riding clubs will let you know about riding club shows, dressage ireland will tell you about theirs... etc..
    A lot of local shows are advertised with signs on the side of the road or in the Irish Field, or in local feed merchants.

Equestrianism is in the dark ages here though, it would be great if there was a centralised 'equestrian events' website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

fits wrote: »
    When I started back riding I often wondered this as well...

I think the only way is to join the relevant organisations... Riding clubs will let you know about riding club shows, dressage ireland will tell you about theirs... etc..
    A lot of local shows are advertised with signs on the side of the road or in the Irish Field, or in local feed merchants.

Equestrianism is in the dark ages here though, it would be great if there was a centralised 'equestrian events' website.

PMing you... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 vpg

Hi there,
    Killosserry are currently holding a non affiliated dressage league which you do not need to be a member of anything to compete in and they also hold mini,midi,maxis thoroughout the winter too. They are northside.
    If you are southside marlton and boswell sometimes hold unaffliliated dressage shows also (although I have not seen any advertised on their sites for the winter season as yet).
    www.killossery.ie

Advertisement