Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Model WWII Anti Tank Gun

• 13-11-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of someone who could make me a full sized model of the following? Don't know if this is the right forum.

All metal would be great, but if that would make it cost prohibitive I could live with alternative materials, so long as the weight is realistic. I'm not too fussy on the minute details of the gun, I would just like the general shape re-produced.

It's just for display purposes, needless to say it won't need to fire!

Anyone know of anyone who could do this?

did%2080032-37.jpg

did_peter%20Greim%201.jpg

did1b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Hmm.. id love to.. but dont have the time.
    But if I was to do it, id make it from wood and plastic pipe. To give it weight, id put lead in the barrel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

The Doktor wrote: »
    Hmm.. id love to.. but dont have the time.
    But if I was to do it, id make it from wood and plastic pipe. To give it weight, id put lead in the barrel.

Thanks for the reply.

I would like as much as possible of it to be made from metal especially the wheel asemble and protective shield - but where a large volume of metal is required for a firing version, like the breech block, a substitute could be used to reduce cost.

How much would you say something like this would cost to produce? Mega bucks?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Models (or more correctly mock-ups) like this are made all the time by professional modellers, eg for film sets.
    Just look up the Golden Pages under model makers.
    Alternatively the larger model shops have their own professional model makers who do such work.
    You can call GreenHobbyModel in Dublin, or alternatively the model shop in the regional town nearest you for contact numbers, names, etc.
    Lastly call the local arts & design college, that is where many of the model makers of the future come from!
    eg IADT in DunLaoghaire do model making courses.

Advertisement