Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soldier of Fortune 3 - Payback

Options
  • 13-11-2007 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Heard this game was to be released today on PC.

Verry little info on the web about it and does not seem to be available to buy anywhere, even as a pre-release...

Anybody know when this game is due for release and when it will be available to buy in highstreet shops here in Ireland.

Thanks

EireEV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

someone on here said it was to be released this friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ya, release is friday.....but im installin it NOOOOOOOOOOW...mwa hahahhaa...
    its sad, but ive been lookin forward to this game for AGES, now i got it early...hahhaha:D

EDIT...ha...WOOPS, total feck up there, i meant to post that in the CRYSIS forum...OOPS, didnt mean ta get ur hopes up...sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

How did you get it early - tell me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

there's little info on it because it's on activision's new "value" label. though despite that you're still paying full whack for the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ha, oops, read the edit. sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

So not likely to be much good then??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

EireEV wrote: »
    So not likely to be much good then??

i would imagine the first level will be fun but after that it'll get repetitive. all the videos i saw pretty much say that to me, but there's always a bit of joy from shooting a mans arm off, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Really enjoyed 1 & 2 but stopped playing FPS games a while ago and have fallen out of the whole scene a bit so haven't heard anything about this! Would definately be an investment for me though...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

I only found out about this game about 2 weeks ago.

There has been ZERO media exposure for something that has proven enjoyable before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

It's usually a bad sign when there's little mention of a game before it's release.
    PC Zone mag were suggesting it's not going to be great as the studio developing it don't have a great track record. Wait and see I guess....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Joeface

not out till the 7/12/07 according to play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

its leaked already allegadly and got this quote from wikipedia..
    Soldier of Fortune: Payback hit stores on the 14th of November, 2007, on the PS3, XBox 360, and PC platforms. Reviews labeled it an average to below average shooter, and worse on the PC. The PC version of SOF:PB does not run on Vista at the time of launch, and also crashes when trying to run the game in SLI mode with 2 video cards. PC users have also been left behind with zero graphics options, aside from resolution, and lack of chat support in multiplayer. PC users were also disapointed to find the game has no anti cheat options in multiplayer, and absolutly no form CD authentification such as CD Keys or Safedisc to prevent pirated copies of the game from playing online. These and many other bugs at launch have left the many diehard fans of the series waiting for a patch just to even play the game.

Cauldron (The company that created, and ported the game) claims a patch is in the works to address many of these issues, but as the list of complaints grows, the patch has yet to surface.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldier_of_Fortune:_Payback

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I managed to grab the 'Evaluation copy' of the game and it is RUBBISH !! I played half way through the first level and turned it off and uninstalled, its nothing like the first two which were great.

One bullet from any good will detach an arm or leg, or head, no matter how weak the gun is, and now I'm not talking a huge cloud of blood when the head comes off, it just falls off !! The graphics look very very dated and the gameplay is boring and unexciting. The guns themselves lack very little "umph" and the AI is extremely poor, even on hard.

Needless to say I'm glad I didn't waste money on this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I managed to grab the 'Evaluation copy' of the game and it is RUBBISH !! I played half way through the first level and turned it off and uninstalled, its nothing like the first two which were great.

One bullet from any good will detach an arm or leg, or head, no matter how weak the gun is, and now I'm not talking a huge cloud of blood when the head comes off, it just falls off !! The graphics look very very dated and the gameplay is boring and unexciting. The guns themselves lack very little "umph" and the AI is extremely poor, even on hard.

Needless to say I'm glad I didn't waste money on this rubbish.

But surely somebody with the signature "Blood for the Blood God" would revel in the mindless carnage and slaughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

yeah, i've been playing this and its an utter dissapointment. the only thing it shares in common with the previous games is the dismemberment which you dont even get to enjoy cos you can barely get close to an enemy as the game employs the same health system as COD2 (which worked brilliantly for that but is a shambles for a game like this)

Advertisement