Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do any of you gentlemen play football in Sligo?

Options
  • 13-11-2007 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

I'd quite like to start playing football (or 'soccer' if you prefer) on a regular basis but haven't a clue how to find out about clubs etc? Would prefer 5 a side or something like that.

Any of you chaps able to help me out? :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Are you any good? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

There are no gentlemen in sligo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

if by good you mean skinny, small, unfit and pretty crap. then yes i am good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Are you working or at college?

Best thing would be to arrange it with 9 other like minded "gentlemen" and book either the pitch up at the Showgrounds or either the indoor or astroturf pitch in the Sports Complex.

On a side note I was down that way today and they are doing a fine job down there at Cleveragh (Across from Smyths Toystore).

There's a new park down there with a full size pitch to come and a new walkway along the river. Gonna be really nice when finished and badly needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

to be honest the best bet is to head up to the showgrounds for a walk around 6 7 8 or 9 be togged out and have a fiver ready beacuse every time I am there thee are odd numbered groups looking to keep up numbers. We are after loosing an hour due to lack of numbers and for the last 2 years we often had someone look for a match and never turned anyone away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

i'm working gillie. but that's sort of the problem, i don't know anyone interested in setting up a weekly football game! most of my mates are more the rugby types.

was just wondering if any of you played a game and needed to make up numbers :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

Rozbeef wrote: »
    i'm working gillie. but that's sort of the problem, i don't know anyone interested in setting up a weekly football game! most of my mates are more the rugby types.

was just wondering if any of you played a game and needed to make up numbers :-)

Tracey Celtic - if ya think yer hard enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Tracey Celtic - if ya think yer hard enough!!

Treacy have dropped out of Sligo-Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Last seen adrift on the Atlantic... ;)

Treacy have dropped out of Sligo-Leitrim.

when did this happen? I think I still have the white Crystal Palace shirt with the diagonal stripes somewhere in the house.

I did hear that Emmett got the sack from them

• Advertisement

when did this happen? I think I still have the white Crystal Palace shirt with the diagonal stripes somewhere in the house.

I did hear that Emmett got the sack from them

Apparently Manager ran the <SNIP> from the team and turns out the other lads weren't too impressed so they quit too.
    No players, no team.

Apparently Manager ran the <snip> from the team and turns out the other lads weren't too impressed so they quit too.
    No players, no team.

those <snip> are some of my mates!!

those <SNIP> are some of my mates!!

Sorry boss,
    Just passing on what I heard. But are you seriously saying there was no <SNIP> on the Tracey team?

Sorry boss,
    Just passing on what I heard. But are you seriously saying there was no <snip> on the Tracey team?
    Gillie wrote: »
    Thread tidied up
    Yes, a definition would be good and if it is what I think it is then I will leave this to Gillie to tidy up.

I don't think it would be wise to make any further comment!

Lets move on and bask in the glorious failure of the English team.

I don't think it would be wise to make any further comment!
    True!

muffler wrote: »
    True!

CountingCrows slowly backs away from the edge of the abyss.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Please stay on topic folks.

Sorry boss,
    Just passing on what I heard. But are you seriously saying there was no <SNIP> on the Tracey team?

Maybe, maybe not - not sure it would impringe on them playing football!

Sorry to see a good team cease to stop playing - but saying that there are plenty of teams in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Maybe, maybe not - not sure it would impringe on them playing football!

Sorry to see a good team cease to stop playing - but saying that there are plenty of teams in town.

If everything goes to plan Treacy will re-enter Sligo-Leitrim next season.

Advertisement