Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crunch internationals approaching

• 13-11-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Euro 2008 qualifying tables

The top two from each group qualify. Who do you think will make it?
    Included are the remaining fixtures involving teams hoping to qualify

GROUP A
    Poland, Portugal, Serbia and Finland all in contention for two places
    Finland v Azerbaijan
    Poland v Belgium
    Serbia v Kazakhstan
    Portugal v Armenia
    Portugal v Finland
    Serbia v Poland

GROUP B
    France, Scotland and Italy in contention for two places
    Scotland v Italy
    Italy
    v Faroe Islands
    Ukraine v France

GROUP C
    Greece qualified; Norway and Turkey vying for second
    Norway v Turkey

GROUP D
    As we all know, Germany and Czech Republic qualified

GROUP E
    Croatia, England and Russia in contention for two places
    Macedonia v Croatia
    Israel v Russia
    Andorra v Russia
    England v Croatia

GROUP F
    Sweden, Spain, Denmark and Northern Ireland all in contention for two places
    Northern Ireland v Denmark
    Spain v Sweden
    Spain v Northern Ireland
    Denmark
    v Iceland
    Sweden v Latvia

GROUP G
    Romania qualified; Netherlands and Bulgaria vying for other place
    Bulgaria v Romania
    Netherlands v Luxembourg
    Slovenia v Bulgaria
    Belarus v Netherlands

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If Scotland draw against Italy, France lose to Ukraine and then Italy win their other game, who would go through?

Itlay would obvioulsy go through on 27 points, but Scotland and France would be level on 25. Is it based on matches against each other (scotland going through) or overall goal difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I believe it's matches against each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

[QUOTE=Green Giant;54412307
    GROUP F
    Sweden, Spain, Denmark and Northern Ireland all in contention for two places
    Northern Ireland v Denmark
    Spain v Sweden
    Spain v Northern Ireland
    Denmark
    v Iceland
    Sweden v Latvia
    [/QUOTE]
    Ah here now c'mon. N.Ireland need miracles at this stage. Pigheads gonna put his neck on the block and boldly state that N.Ireland are OUT of contention. Losing their last 2 games against Latvia and Iceland sealed their fate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Pighead wrote: »
    Ah here now c'mon. N.Ireland need miracles at this stage. Pigheads gonna put his neck on the block and boldly state that N.Ireland are OUT of contention. Losing their last 2 games against Latvia and Iceland sealed their fate.

I accept that Northern Ireland are all but mathematically out of contention. I only listed their games because there is an outside chance of them qualifying.

And yes, Unearthly, should teams finish level on points, mutual results will decide the order in which they end up in the group, so Scotland would be ahead of France if they finish with the same number of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

as harsh as it sounds from whats happened in Italy over the last week or so, there hasn't been a better time to play Italy since they won the world cup. I woudl reckon Scotland will qualify.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Not hugely optimistic but cmon the Scots :)

Think the Scots game is at 5 odd, what time is us v wales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Call_me_al wrote: »
    as harsh as it sounds from whats happened in Italy over the last week or so, there hasn't been a better time to play Italy since they won the world cup. I woudl reckon Scotland will qualify.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. People were saying the same thing before the world cup in 2006. I fully expect Italy to go through with a 2-1 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Come on the Scots. I really hope they make it through, would be great to get behind a team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote: »
    Come on the Scots. I really hope they make it through, would be great to get behind a team

Nice and all as it would be, can you actually see it happening? Results like the Georgia one will be their downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

shane86 wrote: »
    Not hugely optimistic but cmon the Scots :)

Think the Scots game is at 5 odd, what time is us v wales?

Wales v Ireland KO 3:00
    Scotland v Italy KO 5:00

• Advertisement
Advertisement