Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole & PRSI problem!

• 13-11-2007 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have been working the last 10 years in construction and recently have become unemployed. As a result I applied for Dole but was told because the company I worked for changed hands in 2005 and didn't continue paying stamps for me in that year, I only have 17 weeks contributions for PRSI in 2005. Even though the company just changed from one brother to another and changed names. Therefore I cannot claim Dole. They also didn't pay my pension and refuse to give me redundancy. I have been visiting the social welfare officer in my home town every week thereafter to try to sort out the problem but so far nothing has been sorted, as according to him there is a lot of paperwork to sort out! I am now 8 weeks out of work and seriously in debt! I cannot claim any more than €50 a week from job seakers allowence as my it is means tested and my girlfriend, who I live with has a good but not great wage. Can anyone advise me as to who should I get in touch with to sort the situation about the 2005 PRSI problem? Can I get my Ex-boss to fix the problem? Is there a governing body in Ireland who investigate claims of the sort. Should I try to speak to a solicitor about the problem? Surely in Ireland in this day and age the Social Welfare wouldn't expect a person to survive on €50 a week! :confused::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I'd advise you to contact the records section in the Department and explain your situaytion regarding non-compliance (that is what your situation is called). They may explain the next course of action before you do anything else.

Advertisement