Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP?! Shopping for Garden tools, cold frame etc etc

Options
  • 13-11-2007 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hubby has just got a new polytunnel up and wants gardening stuff for Christmas. Do any of you avid gardeners know where is best to get a cold frame, garden tools, root trainers and frost detector heater etc? Have a list of stuff but cannot get them in any of the "garden centres" I called so far so can anyone direct me to a good website to buy from or to any shops in Dublin or Kildare areas please? I know there is an online shop down south that does good quality garden tools too but cannot remember it...any help gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yeah,
    part from yer woodies, Atlantic Homebase et al, maybe try Newlands and or Johnstown. Put .ie at the end of both and have a look. Newlands is a prize winning garden centre, Johnstown is quite impressive now it's moved across the N7. I've only been in it once since it moved so can't remember the full inventory. Go to their website and email them a specific requst for stock. They answered me at the second attempt I think...try it anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Hi tampopo, tried Johnstown for a couple of the items on his list...but could not get them. Rang Newlands yesterday and they were very helpful and may have some of the items in within two weeks. So keep em suggestions coming please!

Come on all you avid gardeners please give some suggestions???!!! Any Irish Garden websites either...they might have ads? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marceldesailly

lidl sometimes have cold frames.a really good bargain when they have them in. other than that ebay is prob the cheapest place

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Try the Organic Centre in Rossinver. They supply some stuff but also will give you the name of other suppliers - there is an online garden implement supplier in Cork but I can't remember the name (mill farm or something) that stock a lot of good garden implements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

www.fruithillfarm.com

I remembered!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Im also looking for a Cold frame

I have looked around ..... ebay seems to be the best but shipping is expensive....(usually from the UK)

Im getting close to just making one myself... Cannot be that difficult .!!!!

regards

Garyh3

garyh3 wrote: »
    Im also looking for a Cold frame

I have looked around ..... ebay seems to be the best but shipping is expensive....(usually from the UK)

Im getting close to just making one myself... Cannot be that difficult .!!!!

regards

Garyh3

Gary, Newlands Garden Centre tell me (after ringing a load of other "so called garden centres"!!) that they will have cold frames in next week. Phone them in advance to make sure of delivery and price.

Muckety, thank you so much for coming up with that website. Really appreciate it.

Any other suggestions welcomed as garden centres these days seem to be more of the "home interiors" type shops these days than garden centres!

Advertisement