Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Sliding Doors

Options
  • 13-11-2007 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi All
    Just wondering if anyone can help me! we are currently doing a self build and i am hoping to put sliding doors from the Kitchen to the Family Room. (therefore it can be open plan if need be!) Nothing to contempary, more traditional! Has anyone any suggestions? we are in the South East Area.......... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Gardening/DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I was asking questions on here about sliding-folding doors a few weeks ago. I can't remember how it ended but if you search it i'd say there is some info in it.
    My conclusion was that the companies selling these doors were charging a fortune for them. I can't remember the price exactly, think it was €3,500, but these were folding. The advice I got was to ask a carpenter to make up a set for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pocket doors can look well, but might be too comtemp for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Teachnua

Thanks all - ill try out those suggestions! ill just keep searching! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 limerickbuild

I gave PC Hendersons a call, and asked about the "Husky 100" range.. 64 euro + vat for each door you want to slide.
    very helpful and said that Heiton Buckleys, Chadwicks etc should supply them and if they haven't them in stock should offer to get them in! I'm off to H.Buckleys this weekend for my kits!
    Thanks IRCOHA for that great link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 handymanSOS

For anybody else reading this thread,
    you could try Ariel Door Gears Ltd.

They specialize in Sliding Systems and have a large array of
    sliding gear.

I dealt with Roy, and was very helpful.

www.adg.ie
    Ph: 01 8333168
    Clontarf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I was looking into a new system for my old sliding doors - the bottom glide mechanism does not work very well at all - it's probably age!
    I was advised to go for a top-hung door system and found this.
    Just wondering if anyone has used this and how much space it takes at the top as the hole is not very deep.

Advertisement