Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a builder?

Options
  • 13-11-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Builder due to start yesterday has cancelled.

I need a 120 sq ft extension done on a terraced house in Dolphins Barn / Rialto.

Can anyone recommend a builder who is good to work with and ideally cost effective.

Any recommendation thoroughly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Please send any recommendations by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭CurlyEng

Thanks very very much for suggestions so far (esp. Teflon, good contact there). I still need more as I have a short timeline - my wife is due end Feb and I guess now I will be lucky to get a good builder unless there has been a late cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,156 ✭✭✭✭muffler

As smashey said we have a policy on this particular forum to keep recommendations down to PMs only. You should ask around in the area you live or if you are getting plans for the extension ask the architect/engineer.

What I will do with this, given the circumstances, is move it to the gardening & DIY forum and you may get a couple of replies there.

I will leave a re-direct from this forum so that you will have 2 pokers in the fire so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭CurlyEng

Thanks for that!

PMs still welcome ... Have not yet got a quote & start date .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Hi ya - a friend of mine has been working in the building trade for years and has recently gone into business for himself. He does mostly renovations / refits and he's dry-lining my whole house starting next week so it's that kind of work he does. I don't know if he'd take on a full extension but he'll certainly talk to you and let you know. Let me know if you're still looking and if so I'll mention it to him.

Cheers,
    Ciaran.

• Advertisement
Advertisement