Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing from Dublin???

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

Anywhere in the dublin area looking good for tommorrow (thurs)?
    Will be headed after work

• Registered Users Posts: 34 croucher

had a look in Killiney yesterday evening bout 8 bells, and there were bout 6 bodies in there, few small waves, looked like swell was dying down

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lilian

Looks like there will be some swell this week end. Do you think there will be waves ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

Looking at conditions i reckon very good cahnce of some east coast surf this weekend with sun being the best day for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭conman78

Once the winds stay the same and the bit of wrap around swell there still...I would concur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MarkHobBray1977

where are most people thinking of going ??? Be cool to get a group together

I'd be up for meeting up, sat and/or sun, i wouldnt worry too much about where till tomorrow, anywhere in dublin is accessable in little or no time.

If anyone needs a lift drop me a pm (I'm based in sandyford).

Im based in Bray ,,,anyone heading out and wants to get a gropu together , let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lilian

It is a really good idea to get a group together !
    Unfortunatly, I have already made plan for the week-end!! :mad::mad:
    Maybe an other time for me.
    I hope yous will have good fun guys !
    I pray for yous to get some waves !

A few of us have met up on trips to the west a few times, we should get a group going.

Killiney, bray or wicklow for tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 croucher

anyone out tonight guys, whats is looking like for over the weekend?

might hit wicklow tomorrow....MAGHERMORE ANYONE?

Maghermore sounds good to me,

what time suits you?

my flatmate and me are up for it, give us a bell (Number removed)if its early, otherwise i'll check this when i wake up.

Going to remove your number there for your own benefit, PM it to him if he hasnt got it. Probnably not the best thing to do putting your number up on an open forum :) - c - 13

going to head down around 11am....check it out......should be a few heads there ..hope its surfable !

was down in Maghermore today....was busy enough with surfable waves....Good to see a gooe friendly crowd down there...ENjoyed it

Made it out too, there was bout 10 people in the water while we were there, was plenty surfable, but man that current was painful, never spent so much time walking back up a beach :p

Class, great surfing for the east

LOL glad you made it down !...yeah current was a bitch !!!!!!...not a bad session for east coast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

the wind has dropped off but will it be working tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 spaceman#

i know your in to surfing but i say windsurfing would be better if your living on the east ive done both while i was livin on the west and atleast when you have time you can windsurf somewhere with waves

going down tomorrow smythy , shud be good to go again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

May I have very stoopid question where and when? I will try to come just to watch, I cannot imagine myself in the water without wetsuit...

I cant make it today, was supposed to be moving house yesterday, so lets just say i'm not in the good books for disappearing to go surfing.

ThOnda wrote: »
    May I have very stoopid question where and when? I will try to come just to watch, I cannot imagine myself in the water without wetsuit...

its a little cove just out of wicklow town, head along the coast till you see s ign for silver strand, then just keep an eye out for cars parked up with boards on top about 1-2k down the road.

Place is Magheramore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I drove down in the evening, but I got lost and ended up at Brittas Bay. I have to give it another chance soon :-)

Advertisement