Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bye bye Carlito?

• 13-11-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

-- WWE has put nearly all of Carlito's merchandise available on WWEShop.com on clearance. They rarely do this to nearly all of a wrestler's merchandise unless he is no longer affiliated with the company.

~ PWInsider
    Source:Wrestling Observer.com

It is interesting to note that WWEShop.com has put several Carlito items on clearance. The company usually places merchandise on clearance once a superstar is no longer with the company or suffers an injury that is going to keep them out for an extended amount of time.

To further speculation that Carlito’s days in WWE could be numbered, he worked the SmackDown/ECW tour in Puerto Rico last week because it is his home country; however, he jobbed to Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio in two shows on the tour. He also lost during a six-man tag match at a show on Friday, but did not take the pin fall. The fans were said to be very upset with the booking.

As we have been reporting, Carlito is unhappy with his character in WWE and the lack of push that he has been receiving. There have even been rumors that he has requested his release from the company. Obviously his release has not been granted but it could be in the very near future.

Sounds like his days could be numbered. I feel he has been poorly used on Raw. I think he can be funny on the mic and on his day he can have a good match. I'd be sad to see him go although he wouldn't be a massive loss in fairness.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

To be honest I wouldn't mis the guy one bit. His backstage schtick got way old about a year ago. And in the ring, he's horrible, from the ****ty weak ass clotheslines he throws to the way he runs the ropes as if he's afraid they're going to hurt his back to the horribly unecessary flips he indulges in when he works face. Good riddance I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Made a big impact on his debut. It's been pretty much downhill since there. He's just not very good in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

He's just not very good in the ring.

since when has that mattered in the wwe ;)

truth is, he is just not good looking enough and his muscles are not big enough and/or triple h/steph don't like him, take your pick there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Apparently he is unhappy and has asked for his release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Wonder where he will end up? Too easy to say TNA. I would guess at Mexico or Puerto Rico, as I doubt he PWG/ROH or IWA:MS or any of the other indies would be affording him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    since when has that mattered in the wwe ;)

When you're not big

Can't say I'm a fan of the guy. He'll probably just head back to Puerto Rico anyway if he is leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Shame really, he had a great character, when he was used properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bye Bye Carly, won't miss you a bit.

Eddie signed up with WWE recently to a developmental deal. According to the Sunny shoot from her time in Puerto Rico, Eddie wants it more and is a lot more passionate about it than Carly ever was.

Now THAT I am looking forward to.

As for Carly, he'll wind up back in Puerto Rico before you know it.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

No loss. His promos before he debuted were the very best thing about the guy. He could be a decent hell if used right, but thats not very likely now, is it?

Bye Bye Carly, won't miss you a bit.

Eddie signed up with WWE recently to a developmental deal. According to the Sunny shoot from her time in Puerto Rico, Eddie wants it more and is a lot more passionate about it than Carly ever was.

Now THAT I am looking forward to.

As for Carly, he'll wind up back in Puerto Rico before you know it.
    VR!

I remember a promo that Flair cut on him on RAW a few months back that questioned his passion for the business and work ethic and i remember thinking there ws more than a little truth in it. Great promo in its own right actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I disagree with a lot of what has been said here. I think some of Carlito's mannerisms in the ring are priceless. He mightn't be the next Bret Hart, but I think he's got good psychology. His finisher is lame, though.

And whoever said he isn't good looking enough, you're just plain wrong.:p

I love the way that it says he's been unhappy that he hasn't been pushed. Uh, he's been pushed like a regular midcarder. Shawn didn't get his push to the top for about 5-6 years after he started with the company. Same for Bret Hart. Hell even an established main eventer like Flair had to straddle the midcard for good few months before he got his top push.

Carlito is bitching about 3 years? Where does he think he is? WCW? He's not Brock Lesnar, he's not Randy Orton and he's not Kurt Angle. Too bad nobody has told him yet.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

for someone who thinks he isnt being pushed, um wasnt he in a feud with HHH of all people not so long ago? if you cant make something of yourself working with one of the top guys of the last 10 years then its your own fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

flahavaj wrote: »
    I remember a promo that Flair cut on him on RAW a few months back that questioned his passion for the business and work ethic and i remember thinking there ws more than a little truth in it. Great promo in its own right actually.
    I remember that myself.
    I thought Carlito was in for a push after that. All he got was a pre-mania match.

All the same, great Flair promo.

krudler wrote: »
    for someone who thinks he isnt being pushed, um wasnt he in a feud with HHH of all people not so long ago? if you cant make something of yourself working with one of the top guys of the last 10 years then its your own fault

Step forward - Shelton Benjaman!
    VR!

i think you guys are getting being pushed/going over, confused with being programmed with

Carlito was never pushed in that triple h recent program, he was squished and made look very weak and stupid

Flukey roll up wins don't count as being pushed either btw ;)

i think you guys are getting being pushed/going over, confused with being programmed with

Carlito was never pushed in that triple h recent program, he was squished and made look very weak and stupid

Flukey roll up wins don't count as being pushed either btw ;)

I think the point was that Carlito was doing well even being put into a program with HHH in the first place.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think the point was that Carlito was doing well even being put into a program with HHH in the first place.

i think carlito should be thankful he breathes the same air as such a mighty overlord as triple h, the king of kings :rolleyes:

i think carlito should be thankful he breathes the same air as such a mighty overlord as triple h, the king of kings :rolleyes:

Exactly. We all should.;)

Advertisement