Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water birth(not for the squeamish)

Options
  • 13-11-2007 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Is that an egg or a tennis ball with the cover stripped off? Looks way too round to be an egg, but if its the latter, I dont get the joke? I'm guessing the former.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Is that an egg or a tennis ball with the cover stripped off? Looks way too round to be an egg, but if its the latter, I dont get the joke? I'm guessing the former.

dude, its a joke.

say lol and move along

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

its an egg!

the image of the egg gets distorted by the rippling of the water and makes it look more round.hope this explanation helps you

KamiKazi wrote: »
    dude, its a joke.

say lol and move along

Lol
    kev_s88 wrote: »
    its an egg!

the image of the egg gets distorted by the rippling of the water and makes it look more round.hope this explanation helps you

I have a PhD in Optical Engineering. The angle subtended and the refractive indices of air and water will not cause the interference pattern you speak of; it should spread out further unless the OP has somehow found a way to break Snells Law without the use of metamaterials?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Lol

Blah lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Erm... you enjoyed the joke so?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It could be the egg is gone off and the air pocket inside is just large enough for the egg to be suspended in the water upight, so you're actually seeing the top/bottom of the egg and not the side.

OT: Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Lol

I have a PhD in Optical Engineering. The angle subtended and the refractive indices of air and water will not cause the interference pattern you speak of; it should spread out further unless the OP has somehow found a way to break Snells Law without the use of metamaterials?

I'll try and be more careful and not break Snell's law (should that not be Shell's?) in the future.

patmac wrote: »
    I'll try and be more careful and not break Snell's law (should that not be Shell's?) in the future.

Good one. For that you get stars

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its obviously a photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Well I'll be darned............never saw such a laid back chicken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Which one of them came first?

Well it had to be said.

I'll collect my coat on the way out.

Advertisement