Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navigating Traffic...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i've seen this vid before on youtube. there it was called something like "cycle messengers are crackheads". i'd have to agree, this is some highly anti-social road use. i am in awe of some of these eejits though. watch the guy riding a breakless fixie at about 4.45. impressive. hop. hop. skid. right-left. go. i'd die if i tried that.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭pan

Man! how many times could up pull this off before getting seriously wacked by a car!

Maybe the theory goes something like...only attempt during rush hour when traffic is moving slower :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

the guys are nuts, i love the bit where he holds onto the car

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Shocking!! In the middle of NYC. I'm surprised they made it in one piece!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

At around 4min, the camera man goes so fast through an extremely tight gap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

That is nothing like cycling in Dublin. Theyre incredibly brave and stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Simona1986 wrote: »
    At around 4min, the camera man goes so fast through an extremely tight gap.

Saw that alright- he has to have taken a few wing mirrors on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

That is nothing like cycling in Dublin. Theyre incredibly brave and stupid
    Entirely true, I've cycled in Manhattan and drivers are a hell of a lot more careful and courteous than in Dublin. If they tried that in Dublin, they'd be dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

blorg wrote: »
    Entirely true, I've cycled in Manhattan and drivers are a hell of a lot more careful and courteous than in Dublin. If they tried that in Dublin, they'd be dead.

Realy?
    Most TV shows set in New York have cab drivers roaring abuse and blowing their horns at everyone.
    Guess it's not true so

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

micmclo wrote: »
    Realy?
    Most TV shows set in New York have cab drivers roaring abuse and blowing their horns at everyone.
    Guess it's not true so
    The only hoots I got from taxi drivers were short little bips to indicate that they were overtaking, which they then proceeded to do safely. Only cycled there for a couple of days but covered the length of the island. I was surprised by the general level of driver courtesy. Boston was even more so, drivers would wave pedestrians across the road even when the lights were red. My American companions cynically put it down to them wanting to avoid a lawsuit but I think there is a genuine courtesy there that may be lost on the roads of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

That's a Lucas Brunelle video. The rest of them are here.

Advertisement