Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walter Mitty Forum

• 13-11-2007 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

I have proposed a private "Water Mitty Forum" for the lighter side of Military life.
    I you you are interested in supporting it please do so here.

Thanks.

I'm going to sticky this for a few days and see how it goes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Walter Mitty ... As in guys telling their tall tales of woe?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The Walter Mitty forum is now open for business.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Right, I was a newly promoted cpl. (RDF) and was on camp. Had a heavy session the previous night on the beer. On the way to the dining hall in the morning and through the drunken haze saw the pips on the officers shoulders, pre DPM uniform, gave a lovely smart salute and a "good morning Sir", went three to four steps past the aforementioned officer and then I realised it was a woman, I stopped and turned around to find her waiting for me, I replied "sorry, I meant Maam" to which she barked "and don't you ever forget it"

Advertisement