Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick breakfast foods

• 13-11-2007 6:04pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by this thread, what do you have for breakfast? Do you have any quick and healthy recipes that you whip up in the morning?

Depending on the season and my bank balance, I like to have a fresh fruit smoothie, freshly prepared, and a homemade muffin. In winter, I have porridge (when I can force it down), either with jam or cinnamon and brown sugar. Right now I'm only having cereal though.

If I've loads of time, I love pancakes or scrambled eggs.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

brown bread w/ butter and raspberry jam and a cup fo coffee
    or rashers on bread w/ a cup of coffee
    or bananas on toast w/ a cup of coffee
    or black pudding on toast w/ a cup of coffee
    or an omelette w/ a cup of coffee

dont much like cereal, though i might start back on the ready brek in the winter time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

depending on the day of the week and my mood.......cereal/big fry/breakfast roll with all the trimmins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

usually: pint-sized coffee.

occasionally: scrambled eggs, or toast, or oatmeal, either cooked into porridge or with fruit and yoghurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Bacon, eggs, sausage, tomato, beans, chips, two rounds of toast and a cuppa tea. Building site breakfast or the triple bypass special as its known.

Kedgeree - Rice dish made with smoked haddock, boiled eggs, tumeric, cardamon and chopped parsley and enriched with butter. Weekends.

Granola - home made toasted oats with nuts and dried fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I either have porridge, or muesli with yoghurt, or boiled eggs on toast or a turkey bacon sandwich. I would typically add half a grapefruit or a couple of kiwis to each of those. I used to really struggle with breakfast but now I love it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement