Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panasonic TX-37LZD70

• 13-11-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has seen this TV on sale anywhere and for how much.

The only place I've seen it is on alliance electric.

I originally read that it only has a digital tuner and no analogue one so it wouldn't matter if I got a British model. I then read somewhere that it does have an analogue tuner so I want to know if there is an Irish version of the TV. Or if there would be any need to get an Irish version if I'm only using NTL Digital.

I only have NTL Digital and a standard DVD player at the minute as well as XBOX360 (I don't think it's the model with HDMI), PS2 and Wii. I intend to upgrade to either an upscaling DVD player or a HD one some time in the future.

If anyone has any info or advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

it is only available with a DVB tuner. no analogue. so it will be grand for NTL digital.

you'd be mad to use analogue on a 37" full hd LCD anyway

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

The 32" Panny TX32LXD70 has a digital and analogue tuner and to be honest both the analogue and digital pictures look very good so if you're not absolutely set on the 37" you should consider this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

the analogue tuner on an LXD70 (UK model) wont work over in ireland. you need the Irish version, LX70.

anyway, if you're not pushed on the analogue tuner, i've seen the 37LZD70 with sky, blu ray & dvd and its a great set. movement is quite impressive considering it doesnt have 100Hz scanning..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

big_moe wrote: »
    considering it doesnt have 100Hz scanning..
    Something the TX32LXD70 does have. If you aren't stuck on a 37" then think about the TX32LXD70. Look for online reviews of both sets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭nialldinho

big_moe wrote: »
    the analogue tuner on an LXD70 (UK model) wont work over in ireland. you need the Irish version, LX70.

anyway, if you're not pushed on the analogue tuner, i've seen the 37LZD70 with sky, blu ray & dvd and its a great set. movement is quite impressive considering it doesnt have 100Hz scanning..

Thanks.

I'm not that bothered by the lack of analogue tuner as I already have NTL Digital.

Have you seen this set displaying stuff like football matches at all? Is there much blurring on the movement?

I've also seen an offer on a Sony KDL-40W2000 in Peats for 1699 with 400 back in gift vouchers. I know it's last year's model but is it any good?

• Advertisement
Advertisement