Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

full 2142 1.4 patch is finally out

Options
  • 13-11-2007 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

what it says on the tin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

woohoo, anyone care to post the fix list?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

also when you try to install it says you are installing the 1.25 patch but the file is bigger, so it seems like EA cant even get a patch right. Ive just installed and am gona try it out now.

http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x/10686#

ok looks like file planet had the file messed up, their link went down about an hour after it went up and it came back. So id sa file planet have the right one now. But im getting it off file shack now.

• Advertisement

www.gamershell.com also have it,
    but seems kinda wierd, my mates is tryin to run the exe but he says its jsut not workin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

[Battlefield 2142] Update 1.40 with Highway Tampa Released

Following a comprehensive development and beta testing phase, the final version of Battlefield 2142 Update 1.40 is now ready for downloading and installing. This update includes the final version of Highway Tampa for Battlefield 2142, the new tank-fest map developed in co-operation with our partner Intel. You can grab the update from the following locations:nbsp;

Multiplay http://clanservers.multiplay.co.uk/?p=/ftpfiles.php%3Fpid%3D%26fid%3D17558
    i3D http://forum.i3d.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=423
    Hypernia http://downloads.hypernia.com/index.php?section=section4&path=/patches/Battlefield_2142

We also have some fairly unique good news for people who already have the Final Beta Candidate installed - you don't have to do anything. The Final Beta Candidate public test was such a success that, following compatability testing, we're using the exact same version in this final release. The 1.40 Final Candidate Beta and 1.40 Final Update are fully compatible, you can consider them one and the same and use either on Battlefield 2142 1.4 servers.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the public betas and provided feedback, we truly appreciate your input and patience while work progressed on this update.

Here is a full list of the fixes and changes included in this update:

=================
    XIII. UPDATE 1.40
    =================

FEATURES

- Added a new map - Highway Tampa.
    - Added an autosave to kit customisations. After you customise a kit and spawn in with that kit, the customisation will be automatically saved until you change it and spawn in again. Note that you must spawn in with a particular kit for it to be saved.
    - Titans will now spawn up to two gunships per side
    - Squad Leaders no longer have to resupply to re-equip destroyed drones

CHANGES

- Exploit Fix: hardcoded the time limits of Orbital and EMP strikes.
    - RDX Shotgun now detonates RDX, Motion Mines, AP Mines with minimum of 2 rounds.
    - Ported EU Assault Rifle changes to the Best Buy unlock as well.
    - Fixed LMG Left/Right Recoil
    - Revised EU Assault Rifle Recoil
    - Increased Clark rate of fire to match Herzog
    - Fixed PAC shotgun attachment recoil to match other Herzogs
    - Further adjustment to Squad Leader drones to prevent them accidentally killing the Squad Leader when deployed
    - Further fix to prevent "pod surfing". Note that some pod movement will still be possible and is an intended gameplay mechanic to allow the player to have some small choice of landing site and to access rooftops
    - Smoke from the CM3-N Radar Grenade deploys more quickly. The Radar range has been slightly increased and endures for the duration of the smoke effect.
    - The CM3-N Radar Grenade may now be resupplied.
    - The screening effectiveness of all smoke grenades has been significantly improved.
    - Adjusted Talon heat source position to improve Gunship missile balance.
    - Beta Feedback: Fixed the placement of an AA gun on Highway Tampa
    - Beta Feedback: Improved the visuals of the swimming pool on Highway Tampa

I would like to remind anyone that plays in TWL that they have to wait for TWL to OK the patch before installing it as they may not be able to play in matchs if the other team does not agree to use the patch. I would think it is much the same for any other leagues that may be going.

i noticed the vechicle explosions now look different also.

i suggest d/l the i3d one,
    its the ONLY one that worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

EVERYONE is using hte goddamn Clark now, I cannot belive they upped the rate of fire on it as it was already a great Weapon, that was what one of the guys in my clan used exclusively before the patch and he was one of the best , now they have uppe dthe rate of fire and everyone is a goddamn one or two chot killer, EA REALLY ****edd up big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Two gunships.. yay.

Advertisement