Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microdermabrasion

• 13-11-2007 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

Has anyone done this? Where did you do it and was it worth it? How much did it cost? I was considering this recently and was wondering if anyone has experienced the treatment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I saw a home kit by Neutrogena "Pure Glow MicroDermabrasion System" in the supermarket this very evening. I think it was 30/31 euro.

I haven't used it so can't give an opinion, just pointing out that such a kit exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It is for older skin, so if you're late teens to early thirties I'd be careful as this technique can be damaging to younger skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

I used a kit by Loreal a few months back, didn't notice much of a difference to be honest.
    From what i understand the home kits don't use enough of the acid (can't remember the name of it) to make a huge difference, not like what the beauty salons use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Amz wrote: »
    It is for older skin, so if you're late teens to early thirties I'd be careful as this technique can be damaging to younger skin.

AFAIK a gentler version is used for younger skin. The salon I go to recommends it once in a while for skin that is congested. Mine is getting a little like that at the moment so I've been thinking about it but I'm a bit hesitant as I have very sensitive skin at the best of times and worry that this may destroy it. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'd like to give this a try as I've uneven skin from years of acne.
    Is there much waiting time until you can put make up back on again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Pythia wrote: »
    I'd like to give this a try as I've uneven skin from years of acne.
    Is there much waiting time until you can put make up back on again?

I was told that it takes a day or so for your skin to calm down enough to see the benefit of having had it. So I imagine that you wouldn't be putting on your make up and going out on the town that particular Saturday night.
    Apparently it unclogs the deeper layers of your skin so all of those almost but not quite spots that crop up around your lower jaw and chin from time to time disappear and so evens out the skin tone there. On other areas of your face it helps by plumping up the skin again and making it appear rejuvenated. Its also meant to be quite good for scarring etc.
    Pythia I think we need a guinea pig to send off to undergo the procedure and report back to us both:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

dirtydress wrote: »
    Has anyone done this? Where did you do it and was it worth it? How much did it cost? I was considering this recently and was wondering if anyone has experienced the treatment?
    I haven't had the treatment myself but this linky might be useful.

Advertisement