Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why are people playing with bad connections?

Options
  • 13-11-2007 8:19pm

just played 2 ppl there today.... absolute joke!. the 1st fella fair enough i was hosting so was unable to see his connection bars(hope they fix that in the patch you should be able to see theres if your hosting)

2nd fella showed up a 3bars and it went like a joke as soon we we started.... he got a goal from nowhere...then i got chopped down in the box...no peno...then i ran through on goal....hit shoot button nothing happens ball ends up flying down the pitch running through on my goalie(scored btw) had to turn if off..... dont care not finishing a game of crap like that!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It may not be as simple as bad connections - there are other factors to consider:

- Perhaps you guys are playing from different countries.

- Maybe one or both of you unknowlingly have other people in the household using the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Whats a router?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Seriously lads do a bit of research first, well known fact the PES 2008 servers are sh!t and most people are getting laggy games.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Seriously lads do a bit of research first, well known fact the PES 2008 servers are sh!t and most people are getting laggy games.

well duuuuuhhhh, but i dont have a bad connection and if i play someone with 3 bars ive never had a problem.... just got caught playing 2 games in a row by chance today and it made me realise why the friggin hell are they trying to play when its obvious they cant(both had over 50 games played).... how they can think its worth doing is beyond me!

I give up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

hated playing it online.. no fun what so ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

well duuuuuhhhh, but i dont have a bad connection and if i play someone with 3 bars ive never had a problem.... just got caught playing 2 games in a row by chance today and it made me realise why the friggin hell are they trying to play when its obvious they cant(both had over 50 games played).... how they can think its worth doing is beyond me!

The servers are ****ed. Is that hard to understand?

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    The servers are ****ed. Is that hard to understand?

i know that but 2 ppl with a good connection can play fine...... my point was why are the ppl with crap connections persisting with trying to play.

i wasnt saying ''why is the quality not great'' we all know about the servers but as long as i play someone with a good connection i have no problems....had bout 5/6 games tonight against full bar'd players and no problem.

earlier i got 2 in a row with the opposite(once because i hosted other because his showed up on main menu as full but changed straight away) so that got me thinking...why are these fellas trying to play when they cant....hence the title of my thread...maybe if you read it you'd learn something!:rolleyes:

I bet they are probably saying the same about you aswell. But no, you don't look at the other side. It is everyone elses fault.

I bet they are probably saying the same about you aswell. But no, you don't look at the other side. It is everyone elses fault.

prob not i have a gamers broadband connection best you can get.... i have no problems with people with a decnet connection actually!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I have NO problems playing ANY game online except PES2008!

It's an issue with the game and servers. Konami released a statement admitting there is a major problem. They have set a deadline of Nov 19th to have it sorted.

I tried playing it twice online since I got it and I played a guy like you. He sent me messages saying quit the game your connection is sh!te etc etc. I tried to explain to him that my connection is fine and he said I'm a liar and he was goin to file a complaint!! What a tosser!

Lets wait till the patch is released next Monday and we should see a huge improvment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

prob not i have a gamers broadband connection best you can get.... i have no problems with people with a decnet connection actually!!:rolleyes:

I have a good connection, I played a mate who lives 5 mins away who also has a good connection and our games lag like hell

So your brain, use it

prob not i have a gamers broadband connection best you can get

WTF is a gamers broadband connection. Don't spare the details now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

what are you ping times like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

dont mean to sound bad

but eircom are nowhere near gamer quality line

http://www.magnet.ie/news/27-11-05.shtml

now thats a gamer line

I have a 9 meg connection and still have online issues with PES 2008. Care to explain that? Let me do it for you. There are problems with the servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Most of the games I play are fine. Some lag in the odd game. Im really enjoying pes 08 online:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I have a 9 meg connection and still have online issues with PES 2008. Care to explain that? Let me do it for you. There are problems with the servers.

9 is an awefully odd number

are you sure its not 8mb from magnet or bt??

also a notice went up today to say that emergency maintenance on the servers is done, so hopefully it will be better from today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Also have this exact package,

With great pings to any game i play.

PES is unplayable on Live, constant lag, nothing to do with peoples connections.

9 is an awefully odd number

are you sure its not 8mb from magnet or bt??

I know what I am paying for. Look here for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Most people in ireland have an upload of <= 384k which is just as important for pro evo because each player hosts one half of the game. So when you are hosting your upload will be extremely important. Most people in europe and uk have 1:1 upload/download ratio so they have say 8mbs up 8mbs down which means no lag if they play each other. But if they play someone from ireland with bad upload then thay will experience lag in whichever half they are not hosting the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Gilberto_Eire, you're forgetting / don't know about latency.

Doesn't matter what speed your connection is, latency can still screw you. It's waaaay more complicated than just "you connect to Eircom at 3MB, your mate connects to Eircom at 2MB therefore you should have a flawless game". Your internet traffic could be routed any number of ways across any number of hops, and the same goes for other gamers.

What I'm getting at is: Some dude's connection in Holland might be an 8MB line, so as far as he's concerned, he has a great internet connection. But *relative* to you, due to latency and other factors, his connection appears as crappy on your end. I've also noticed that people using wireless within their house (i.e. Eircom connection via phone line, wireless connection from TV room to bedroom when in the house) can experience very jerky lag at times.

However, none of this really escapes the true issue (as the lads mentioned here) and that is the fact that the Konami PES servers are appalling. It's such a shame they don't allow people set up their own servers / connections / p2p games, even if just for non-ranked / friendly matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭_PCahill_

If you're looking for PES online PES6 is working great these days. Probably sounds like a step backwards for those of you who got PES 2008! But since most people have moved onto PES 2008 now, the PES 6 servers a nice and fast - rarely get any visible lag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Wireless for gaming is madness I'd stay away from that.

Give it till the 19th and see if it improves, I've gotten a good few decent games online but have aslso experienced the extreme lagness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I can play all games online with little or no lag but when I try PES 08 & PES 6 when it came out it is useless. It's not ppl's fault, it's Konami's fault because of the half ass effort they put into it.

They don't seem to have the staff or skill to put a good quality finish on a game. Even navigating the menus is like playing a PS1 game with a memory card having to select a save device every time, having to press start instead of any button, having to press start to skip replays at the exact right time or you end up pausing it.

There's loads of little annoying things.

I'm not gonna bother with online for a good while again because I don't see a good patch coming soon.

Advertisement