Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Log Book ?

Options
  • 13-11-2007 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Just bought a car and filled out a change of ownership form on the side of the road yesterday. Then the seller drops up a registration cert photocopied with a stamp on it. So can I tax the car with this cert or do I wait for the Log Book? Any idea how long I will be waiting for the log book to come through?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I think the photo copied form is to say that you have bought the car incase the shades decide to have a chat, wait till the log book comes back from shannon and then get it taxed, keep the photo copied form in the car along with the reciept of sale (if you were given one), to prove your waiting for the paperwork to come back.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Do you know how long I will be waiting on the log book from Shannon?

The tax is up since October so will I only have to pay tax from the date of ownership (yesterday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

The most i've ever had to wait is 2 weeks, thats is if the seller post it off imediatelly i presume he would as he wouldnt want to have somone driving his/her car in there name when its sold.

-VB-

Advertisement