Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joypad Configuration for PC.

Options
  • 13-11-2007 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Is it possible to configure a joypad to play the latest FPS's like COD4, MOH - Airborne etc on the PC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Get a 360 controller for the PC..most games are designed with that in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

Thanks guys - found JoyToKey last night so have configured that for MOH - Airborne - just have to get used to the controls now....

sometimes not enough buttons on the controller for all the functions so have to leave some assigned to the keyboard keys..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Why would you use a joypad over a keyboard and mouse for an fps is the real question.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

BloodBath wrote: »
    Why would you use a joypad over a keyboard and mouse for an fps is the real question.

i'm guessing he has his computer hooked up to his TV and its awkward to use a keyboard... at least i'd hope that the reason. I don't know of a FPS out there that plays better with a controller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

joypad...over mouse and keyboard??........the mind boggles

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

www.xpadder.com is all you need, but why you want to is :confused:

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

arent console fps games balanced for and designed with the controllers in mind, and pc ones for mouse/keyboard?
    by that i mean on a console there is an aimbot etc to make it easier to hit things using the controller and other similar changes?

anywhooooo, whatever floats your boat. good luck with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

uglyjohn wrote: »
    arent console fps games balanced for and designed with the controllers in mind, and pc ones for mouse/keyboard?
    by that i mean on a console there is an aimbot etc to make it easier to hit things using the controller and other similar changes?

anywhooooo, whatever floats your boat. good luck with it.
    Yes theres aim assist in consoles, and it can be adjusted afaik, not sure if it can be totally shut off...

Nick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Get a 360 controller for the PC..most half assed console ports are designed with that in mind
    fixed.;)

Ok that was a bit cheeky ,as racing /footie games are designed to be played with a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse,and the 360 controller is (a) PC combatible(b) a nicely designed joypad but for FPS's RPGs, RTS's and all other three letter acronyms , keyboard and mouse is the only way to go.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement