Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Chairshots

• 13-11-2007 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

I'm looking to make an interesting lsit of the sickest and most brutal chairshots in WWE (WWF) history.

So list out all the sick chairshots that you can remember.

Some that come to mind for me were:

Eddie against JBL, Judgment Day 2004
    Shawn Michaels agains Taker, Hell in the Cell
    Randy Orton against HHH, Unforgiven 2004
    Any of Mankind agsint Rock, I quit match

Those made me cringe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Curt Hennig on Brutus Beefcake at the 1990 Royal Rumble, nothing too graphic but i still look back on how well it looked. It looked like Hennig had busted Beefcakes ribs up good and proper.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Linkage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Linkage?

http://www.silvervision.co.uk I'm sure the tagged classic is there :)
    Alternatively, you could go to youtube and search it yourself.

Christ, we've turned into a nation of lazy sh*tes :)
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

how about forgeting wwe & thinking back to ecw. tommy dreamer had raven cuffed to a steel cage before delivering what has been refered to as the "chairshot heard around the world.
    http://woodysplace.co.uk/chairshotheardround.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jeff hardys 2 shots against Brock and Taker are 2 of the best I've ever seen

ditto HHHs one to Cactus Jack at the beginning of the street fight at the 2000 Rumble,that sideways smack to the temple looks so painful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Dont let this turn into a youtubefest of chairshots.
    The Jericho/Benoit plancha one was decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

krudler wrote: »
    Jeff hardys 2 shots against Brock and Taker are 2 of the best I've ever seen

Yes those were massive shots and Brock didn't even go down.

Lita gave Spike a great chairshot at WM17. Best ever one from a woman for my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WWE.com actually did a list like this the very week that the report came out linking Benoit's brain damage to concussions from unprotected chairshots

Lance Storm's on RVD, I think it was ECW Barely Legal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah they don't do head chairshots anymore.

Umaga took a fairly nasty one a couple of months ago before he was suspended though, and someone on the TNA PPV on Sunday took a very hard one too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

ShaneU wrote: »
    Yeah they don't do head chairshots anymore.

but HHH still hits people over the head with sledgehammers.I wonder what would hurt more:rolleyes:
    Watch Cyber Sunday if you dont believe me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »

Lance Storm's on RVD, I think it was ECW Barely Legal

Was this not the total opposite of a vicious chairshot? As far as I remember Storm always had a problem with giving unprotected chairshots to the head and always pulled out of giving them with any real strength. I may be wrong, but i do have a distinct memory of the bloodthirsty idiots in the ECW crowd booing Storm for not hitting people full pelt across the head with chairs on more than one occasion.

I'm sure the results of Benoit's brain scan help them sleep at night.:mad:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Was this not the total opposite of a vicious chairshot? As far as I remember Storm always had a problem with giving unprotected chairshots to the head and always pulled out of giving them with any real strength. I may be wrong, but i do have a distinct memory of the bloodthirsty idiots in the ECW crowd booing Storm for not hitting people full pelt across the head with chairs on more than one occasion.

I'm sure the results of Benoit's brain scan help them sleep at night.:mad:

I dont think that it was necessarily chairshots that caused Chris's brain to become the way it did.Infact I would attribute it more to his very physical style of wrestling and years of flying headbutts.
    Having said that repeated chairshots may have done the same to alot of ECW wrestlers and therefore thats why I would like to see them being used less and less

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

There was one involving Ken Shamrock and the Rock around 97-98 maybe,Shamrock was on his knees asking for the chairshot then Rock cracked the chair against Shamrocks skull!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

There was one involving Ken Shamrock and the Rock around 97-98 maybe,Shamrock was on his knees asking for the chairshot then Rock cracked the chair against Shamrocks skull!

Yeah I remember Shamrock being cracked by that one, was it the Rock who did it? I can't remember, but I remember thinking ouch

And the Rock repeatedly nailing Mankind during that I Quit match was pretty intense, I'd say that was the worst I can remember

fatal wrote: »
    but HHH still hits people over the head with sledgehammers.I wonder what would hurt more:rolleyes:
    Watch Cyber Sunday if you dont believe me lol

He doesnt hit them with it, he covers it with his hand, n00b :rolleyes: either that or the head on it is fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Love that one by Rock on Shamrock, looked really authentic.

Another that's more memorable for me rather than actually sick looking, was HBK's on Undertaker at Summerslam '97, the one indended for Bret but he ducked and pinned 'Taker for the belt. Great way to win a title, kind of Latino Heat style long before he perfected it (RIP Eddie by the way, 2 years yesterday, still can't believe it, and so much has happened since)

ShaneU wrote: »
    He doesnt hit them with it, he covers it with his hand, n00b :rolleyes: either that or the head on it is fake.

I actually posted that to highligh the hypocracy on WWEs part.They wont allow chairshots to the head even when the heads are covered with their hands but they allow had covered sledgehammer shots to be used only because it is HHH using them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Although not in the WWE, take your pick from pretty much any Balls Mahoney match in ECW. They were brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Mick Foley against Bobby Lashley at Vengeance i think it was.
    Also SCSA returning chair shot on the rock when Mick FOley won the title for the first time on RAW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

were there any decent conchairtos from edge and christian?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

if your looking for a good conchairto i think it was one of the hardys on top of a cage delivering it to edge was pretty nasty from what i remember of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

shane mcmahon is the only person at the moment imho that can take a chairshot, he never puts his hand up to block it, he always walkes straight into them....fair play!

historically its shane or mick foley who do it properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the rock always took terrible chairshots,had his hand up in front of his face before the chair was anywhere near him, i dont mid when someone blocks it but at least wait for the thing to be on its way to you!

Rock will probably have a lot less headaches in 20 years time than Shane or Mick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Defintely Rock's shot to Shamrocks head, and his barrage of shots to Foleys head in the I Quit match were crazy aswell.

Top of the top has to be Dreamer on Raven though, he finally got his hands on him and nearly killed him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

Another brutal one was the Undertaker chairshot on Maven in the Royal Rumble a couple of years ago. Looked sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

heres one for ya
    :D:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZooFJBks9YU

I always liked the one Austin gave Kane a few years to the FACE, think it was on Raw when Kane first arrived on the scene and i remember seeing a picture of the impact moment in the Raw magazine and you could see Kanes face dented through the chair!!!

does anyone remember vengence 2000, when the rock was vs hhh and austin came out and battered everyone with chairs, the way he hits shane looks amazing, here:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

does anyone remember vengence 2000, when the rock was vs hhh and austin came out and battered everyone with chairs, the way he hits shane looks amazing, here:

Now thats a crow reaction, you dont see that anymore.

It was backlash btw, not Vengeance ;)

Melion wrote: »
    Now thats a crowd reaction, you dont see that anymore.

It was backlash btw, not Vengeance ;)

you are right on both counts, sorry! yeah we need to bring back the attitude era, they were planning on ti but that fell through! the time when it was the union, the corporation, the ministry, (the corporate ministry), d-x, .....and austin (what a legend) those were the days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Not wwe but raven/dreamer was pretty harsh.

I remember that, WWE was actually good back then before it became PG rated.

Advertisement