Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account problems

Options
  • 13-11-2007 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Hi could someone take a look at an account for me?....the user name is irlmarc (a friend of mine from work) he can read fora like any normal user but his account doesn't seem to have premissions to reply to threads or create new ones and he can't send PM's either. He's pretty sure he hasn't been banned from any where and the last time he posted something was around a week ago.

Cheers
    Rory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

His account is set to "awaiting email confirmation".

Has he tried changing his password or email address? If so then he needs to check his inbox (or more importantly his spam inbox) for a verification email. If this bears no fruit then he should go to the front page and attempt to login, then click on the
    You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Hi Gordon cheers for having a look......he's tried the above but he hasn't got any verification email. He's also tried the password reset fuction and it sends him a new password but he still can't post anywhere and isn't getting any verification emails after he's reset his password.....checked his spam inbox and nothing appearing there either.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Could he be checking the wrong email account?.

Anyhow, I have manually reset the status and password and mailed it to the registered email address & tested it to make sure it works.

If it does not arrive and does not go to his "spam/junk" please pm me his email address so I can check it again.

Thanks

V.

Advertisement