Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat6 for Bubble Camera?

Options
  • 13-11-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I've installed Cat6 everywhere in my house. I put Cat6 in my kids playroom with the intention of purchasing a bubble camera. Any recommendations on a camera and also what other equipment I'd need? I'd like to be able to view this from any TV in my house. All Cat6 and CT100 cables run back to one comms room..

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Dont know about the make of camera but you will have privacy issues if you have the tape running when their friends are in:)

The other point is that at what age will u turn it off.
    One of the most important issues with this sort of stuff is the breakdown in trust it can create very quickly.same applies to gps on the mobile, monitoring si=oftware on the home computer etc etc.

Once you lose your childs trust its gone for ever.

Equally having Big bro on will drive them out of the house: much better to have them in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If it's only for day time viewing most cameras will do the trick. RF concepts have plenty of diy kits you could get. You will also need a rf modulator to convert the camera signal to a tv signal for viewing on any tv in the house.
    You might also need a couple of baluns as you are sending the signal over twisted pair. If the distance is short enough you might get away without the baluns

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭jasgrif11

Thanks Jnealon. RF Concepts have a lot of stuff. I will contact them to see waht they would recommend over CAT6.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

• Advertisement
Advertisement