Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP'sthat can do scans?

Options
  • 13-11-2007 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi just wondering does anyone know of any GP's Surgery that can do a scan?
    The hospital won't be giving me one till I am nearly 5 months and I heard that some GP's can do these.
    If anyone can advise I would really appreciate it and if you know of one around Swords/Malahide idea that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I haven't heard of any GP surgeries that do scans, but there are places where you can get a private scan, such as the Charlemont Clinic, Clane and Mount Carmel. I believe it's around 120-160 euro for a 2 D scan and 200-230 euro for a 3D one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

DUBJEN wrote: »
    The hospital won't be giving me one till I am nearly 5 months

OP - for what it's worth, it's normal to get the first (and possibly only) scan when you're around 20-22 weeks (5 months). If the GP had any concerns they'd recommend you for an earlier scan, but if all seems to be going well the hospital usually doesn't want to see you.

If you have any concerns of your own which you feel a scan would alleviate then talk to your GP and see if he/she will refer you for an earlier date.

I was very eager for my scan, but mainly b/c I thought everyone had one around 12 weeks so I had myself mentally prepared for one then. When I later found out that not everyone has one then I was quite disappointed and very impatient for my scan which finally came at 22 weeks. But I must say, seeing my wee woman on screen for the first time when she was actually big enough to see was very memorable.

In any case, all the best luck to you. And remember, life has happened long before scans were done so not having one doesn't have to be a negative thing.

Advertisement