Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is my points total.

Options
  • 13-11-2007 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

I got 2 points a couple of years ago but am unsure when they expire. It was an august bank holiday but the points only expire from the anniversary of being applied to the licence. Is there anywhere I can find out these details???

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Did you try www.rsa.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

3 years from the date they're applied afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

A letter will be sent to inform you of your "points balance" when they expire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

www.penaltypoints.ie - 3 years !

Penalty Points Guides
    Get the point not the points
    The Minister commenced section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 2006 from 21st July 2006. From that date "a person shall not while driving a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place hold a mobile phone".

In addition from the 1st September, a fixed charge notice will issue to any person who is caught holding a mobile phone while driving. The person will be given 2 penalty points and a fixed charge of €60 he/she pays within 28 days. This fixed charge will increase to €90 and 2 penalty points if paid within 56 days. If no payment is received the person can, on conviction, receive 4 penalty points and a fine not exceeding €2,000.

To view the new offences from 3rd April in Irish, and the following languages, Arabic, Chinese, French, Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian please click here

Penalty Points remain on the licence record for a period of 3 years. Get 12 points at any time within the 3 years and it’s an automatic disqualification for 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I know its three years but my question is where can I find out when they expire. I did get a letter at the time but thats about two or three years ago. I am up for insurance renewal shortly and the question of points on licence has come up. I carnt remember what year I got them so accordingly when they go.

Is there someone I can ring up to find out?

Jeff

• Advertisement
Advertisement