Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E65 on vodafone

• 13-11-2007 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey all,
    does anyone know if Vodafone has the E65 fuctionalities restricted, e.g WiFi, VoIP and quadband access? Looking at the vodafone site, they say the phone doesn't have quad-band, and they make no reference to wifi. (phonesonline.ie show alot more functionality on the sim-free units). I seem to recall reading somewhere that some mobile operators were removing the VoIP functionality also.

Is it possible to re-flash the vodafone E65 handset with a newer firmware, to get those services back on the handset? I do a bit of travel for work, so Wifi would be handy. The reason for the E65 choice, is the activesync for my calander.

My sony K750i, has packed in and for the past week, I've been using the palm 750v and not a fan of it at all, battery life is pants, phone was on charge all day, made couple of short calls (prob 3G calls) seems to have almost killed the battery. Hardly ideal. Also noticed when the 3G signal dropped while on a call and on the move, the call drops with it.. not good.
    So as you can imagine I'm looking for a replacement handset before I have to travel again. Thank god I didn't have to buy that palm, phew !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The Vodafone e65 has wifi anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭rahenyguy

hi ive used an n95 since launch,and an e65 since last month,the e65 has better battery life but thats about the only good thing,operating system very slow,wifi is very weak,blackberry connect doesntlet you view jpg attachments,im not trying to threadspoil or anything,just some advice pay the extra and get a n95 5 times better in every department compared to the n95,also have tried voip with gizmo and works perfect,and nearly forgot using wifi the e65 crashes after every third webpage,hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The n95 is bigger and bulkier. that's a major selling point alone for some people... or non selling point as the case may be. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what you have there rahenyguy is a faulty phone. I have an e65 and i have none of those problems. Believe it or not, getting one faulty handset does not mean that every handset ever made is also faulty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sarcasmo2005

thanks for the input... I'm not too pushed about the WiFi, and the additional bits, I was just curious to know of vodafone cut the guts out of the handset and gave you their version of what they want you to use.

I did consider the N95, but it's a tad pricey for what you get, (even looked at getting one over in singapore), from what I can see vodafone don't show it on the site. the E65 was preferred more for the ability to activesync my calander.

• Advertisement
Advertisement